Purchasing Bulk Fruit and Vegetables for Juicing and Smoothie Making
- Author Mark Henry
- Published June 20, 2009
- Word count 353
Once you start juicing and you feel the benefits of raw living juices you may well find yourself buying a great deal of fruit and vegetables! This is a GOOD THING!! But it can add up so here is the easy review to economy bulk fruit and vegetable buying.
Farmers Markets: These are great, local produce often at bargain prices and importantly low food miles!! Fresh as it comes! Remember that food picked and sent in by freight is slowly losing its nutrient delivering POWER! This is why farmers markets are idea, cheap, plentiful produce that is direct from grower to you! No freezing and no time delay, the next best thing to growing it all yourself.
GO wholesale check out your local distribution center, in London we have New Covent Garden market and Spitalfield market. These operate nocturnally opening around midnight and finishing by 6am to supply the fresh fruit and vegetable trade, but you can go along and buy a fair amount then take it home and freeze it. Only for the early riser though!! I love the atmosphere too.
Do some bargaining show loyalty to a local green grocer and negotiate for larger amounts, a simple one this but it works everyone is excited by a good deal but don't go trying this at your local supermarket will you!!
Fruit and Vegetable Co-operatives these excellent community spirited projects buy fruit and veggies in bulk then pass on the savings to your network via a volunteer workforce. A great way to do your bit, help out and get your juice supplies.
Grow your own! The real ideal, if you don’t have a vegetable patch then equip yourself with some pots, grow bags or trays and some seeds and start your own home farm. I always say, fresh is best, and what could be better than popping outside and picking a green salad straight from the garden.
Well there are a plans for healthy and cheap ways to keep your fridge or garden full of fresh natural produce. We continually advocate the raw fresh diet as a synergistic way of life.
Mark makes a lot of fresh juicer and blender drinks and tries to be as healthy as he can be.
For more ideas on juicer and blender recipes and healthy foods have a look at our information archive.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Kitchener Meat Grinder Features - What to Look For
- What is The Purpose of Food Testing?
- The role of flax seeds in disease prevention
- How to Storage Loose Leaf Tea
- What Are The Common Foods That Causes Food Allergies
- The Rise of Pop-Up Restaurants and Bars
- Why does Pu-erh tea select Yunnan big leaf
- Differences between raw pu-erh and cooked
- Bagel Sliced Bread
- Henderson County Vineyards
- What to have for Dinner
- How meat re placers affect the beef industry.
- Creative Cakes: Mint, Cookies and Cream!
- Why Vegetarian?
- Best Places to Eat Pizza
- Using modern cleaning systems to increase beer line cleaning intervals
- A True Chicago Dining Experience
- Wellington and York Partners: Food Products You Shouldn’t Miss in Switzerland
- 10 difference between US and Italian pizza
- Build your own pizza to make it healthy and nutritious
- Natural Mineral Water An Elixir For Dehydration
- Choose Natural Mineral Water- Choose Your Health
- The Benefits of Eating Grass-fed Beef and Pastured Pork
- 10 Drinks to avoid when you’re 40
- Setting the Record straight on Meat Health
- Almond oil and its properties
- Use Water Dispensers and Routines to Lose Weight
- 3 Common Issues with a Water Cooler Dispenser
- 4 Great Food Options for Overcoming Hunger Pangs When Dieting
- Aussie Natural Spring Water