Suggestions For Heartburn Treatment
- Author Gilbey Scott
- Published January 25, 2007
- Word count 466
Heartburn can be very distressing and it happens when the normal function of food digestion malfunctions. This occurs when the digestive acid that comes back into the esophagus damages the lining of the esophagus. The body reacts by sending a message. Pain is nature’s way of saying that something is wrong. Left unattended the lining of the esophagus can be damaged or may form an ulcer. An ulcer is a break in the lining of the esophagus wall. that may be lead to bleeding. This is more than simple heartburn.
Heartburn can be very distressing, and it frequently happens when the normal function of food digestion malfunctions. If you are an unfortunate sufferer with a burning sensation in your chest and stomach. then you are a victim of heartburn. This painful condition is caused by hydrochloric acid manufactured by the stomach. Hydrochloric acid is used to digest food. When the stomach and the esophagus canal is not separated by a mechanism known as the Lower Esophageal Sphincter, then the stomach acids backup into the esophagus. This refluxing motion causes an irritation to the sensitive tissues in the lower esophagus area.
We eat too much. We don’t chew our food. We don’t exercise enough and the list goes on. When heartburn strikes we deal with it in the usual fashion. Millions of folks reach for relief in a bottle of antacid tablets. In general a large meal will cause an almost immediate onset of indigestion, while even a small meal can be a problem if it contains a lot of spicy foods. When these attacks are mild and infrequent it’s easy to ignore the fact that your body is sending you a pain telegram as you push away from the table.
Mild and occasional heartburn are not a big concern but symptoms other than a burning sensation in the chest may be symptoms of a more serious situation. Acid reflux syndrome is one of these. Some of the most common symptoms include, but are not limited to, intense heartburn, stomach problems, a consistent cough, a roughened voice, a sour or bitter taste in your mouth, and also a problem swallowing. If you think you have acid reflux syndrome, seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Granted, heartburn won’t hit everyone, but if you are one of those who suffer on a regular basis, baking soda, or any over-the-counter antacid, is not a long term solution. The best way to get lasting relief is to find out what causes your heartburn. You may find that the causes of this acid reflux is not what you thought - ask your doctor. You may be surprised by what you find. But be assured that there are solutions if you are willing to make lifestyle changes.
Learn what triggers heartburn and how to gain relief at: http://www.smart-shape.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?
- How this New Medical Device Could Help Save a Hundred Thousand American Lives Annually
- What Is CBD?
- Dental tourism in Vietnam: Safe or not?
- What you need to know before traveling to Vietnam for dental care
- #1 Home Remedy To Typhoid And Malaria