Will Drinking Milk Help You To Lose Weight?
- Author John Baril
- Published August 17, 2009
- Word count 504
Do you think that milk is healthy? If you answered yes, then you need to read this article from start to finish. A lot of people believe this is true which is not surprising because all of the advertisements that you see on TV are from the dairy farmers. In these ads, they will claim that because milk contains calcium, then it is vital for the strength of your bones. These ads will also state that milk will give you a super human energy spike. They, of courses, want you to believe all of this so that you will buy and consume more milk. Now there is a common myth out there that drinking milk will help you with weight loss. This article will examine whether or not you should drink milk if you are on a weight loss diet.
- One thing that you should be aware of is that when you buy milk at your local supermarket, it is not pure milk. This milk has been processed by a procedure called pasteurization. Here, they boil the milk to a very high temperature and then let it cool. The reason that they pasteurize milk is that it kills all of the germs which are found in the raw milk. The trouble is, this pasteurization kills many of the healthy nutrients in addition to the bad germs. There are certain healthy enzymes such as lipase and also certain phosphates which are lost during pasteurization. You can only find these phosphates and enzymes within new, unpasteurized milk.
There is more to the whole story than this, however. Pasteurization will kill off important antibodies like immunoglobin which can be found in the raw milk. Immunoglobin provides a boost to your immune system and truly helps to prevent the onset of disease. So you see, milk in its processed form has very little in the way of nutrition left over.
Once the milk has been pasteurized, it is homogenized which prevents the cream component from separating out. Next, several synthetic vitamins are added in an effort to bolster the nutritional value. Keep in mind here that synthetic vitamins are not nearly as effective as natural vitamins are. Synthetic vitamins are artificially made chemicals and some of them have questionable health benefits.
Drinking milk will not help you lose weight. Milk contains a lot of natural sugar which, in turn, makes the calorie content very high. As we all know, foods that are high in calories will cause you to gain weight.
Processed milk had been linked to several diseases. Aside from being high in calories, milk can speed up the onset of certain conditions like acne, arthritis, skin allergies and constipation, just to name a few. Also, many individuals are simply allergic to milk.
If you want to drink milk while you are on a weight loss diet, then here is my advice: drink it in moderation and if you have an organic food market in your area, then see if you can purchase a pure unprocessed variety.
Learn more about healthy weight loss at Healthy Diet Plan John Baril is an authority on healthy weight loss and is the author of this article.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Kitchener Meat Grinder Features - What to Look For
- What is The Purpose of Food Testing?
- The role of flax seeds in disease prevention
- How to Storage Loose Leaf Tea
- What Are The Common Foods That Causes Food Allergies
- The Rise of Pop-Up Restaurants and Bars
- Why does Pu-erh tea select Yunnan big leaf
- Differences between raw pu-erh and cooked
- Bagel Sliced Bread
- Henderson County Vineyards
- What to have for Dinner
- How meat re placers affect the beef industry.
- Creative Cakes: Mint, Cookies and Cream!
- Why Vegetarian?
- Best Places to Eat Pizza
- Using modern cleaning systems to increase beer line cleaning intervals
- A True Chicago Dining Experience
- Wellington and York Partners: Food Products You Shouldn’t Miss in Switzerland
- 10 difference between US and Italian pizza
- Build your own pizza to make it healthy and nutritious
- Natural Mineral Water An Elixir For Dehydration
- Choose Natural Mineral Water- Choose Your Health
- The Benefits of Eating Grass-fed Beef and Pastured Pork
- 10 Drinks to avoid when you’re 40
- Setting the Record straight on Meat Health
- Almond oil and its properties
- Use Water Dispensers and Routines to Lose Weight
- 3 Common Issues with a Water Cooler Dispenser
- 4 Great Food Options for Overcoming Hunger Pangs When Dieting
- Aussie Natural Spring Water