Low cholesterol dieting
- Author Heinz Golz
- Published May 22, 2010
- Word count 540
If you have heard out from your physician or from doing home cholesterol test that you got a high total cholesterol level, one of the first things you require to do is to alter your diet to a low cholesterol diet to help you lower your cholesterol.
Getting your diet and your cholesterol level under watch with a low cholesterol diet is the best thing you can do to save your heart.
If you require to lower your cholesterol levels, observing an ideal diet may be able to help you a lot. It is known for a long time now that the food a person eats or is used to eating everyday may have directly relation to his body cholesterol levels.
It is important for people to lower their cholesterol levels because cholesterol has been connected with the growing of coronary heart disease. The higher the cholesterol levels in an individual, the chance is that he will be getting heart disease later on. Aside from that , high cholesterol levels may also put a person at danger of suffering from a stroke or a heart attack.
Except from using drugs to lower cholesterol levels, observing a low cholesterol diet is the next best thing to keep your cholesterol levels down. Eating more vegetables, soy products and other low cholesterol foods may be just as good at reducing blood cholesterol as medication. A survey has been able to show that a vegetarian diet can lower cholesterol by as much as one-third in just a month.
The best cholesterol-lowering diet that you can follow usually includes a full portion of vegetables such as broccoli and red peppers. Soymilk and soy sausages, oat bran cereal and bread and also a great deal of fruits and nuts make a full low cholesterol diet. Soy protein, nuts, and fiber rich food such as oats and barley can in effect cut cholesterol levels by up to 7%.
A low cholesterol diet also requires you to minimize your intake of saturated fat by 7% and other rich substances by 25-35 percent. It has been brought out that the optimal diet for averting coronary heart disease accepts having non-hydrogenated (unprocessed) fats rather than the hydrogenated kind. Elevated consumption of omega-3 fats from fish, fish oil or plant sources such as flaxseeds is the proposed fat intake in a low cholesterol diet. With a low cholesterol diet, one should also limit day-to-day sodium intake about the level of 2400 milligrams daily.
A typical day on the low cholesterol diet would include a hearty breakfast of soymilk, oat bran cereal with chopped fruit and almonds, oatmeal bread, vegetable-based margarine and jam. A typical low cholesterol lunch would contain soy cold cuts, oat bran bread, bean soup and a dessert of fruit. For dinner, stir-fry vegetables, tofu, fruit and almonds would be the regular low cholesterol diet fare. Watching this kind of low cholesterol diet religiously for long periods, it is feasible for one's cholesterol level to drop by as much as 29 percent in just a month.
A low cholesterol diet may not be quite as tasty, but it can add some years to your lifetime.
After understanding that the low cholesterol diet gives you so many benefits, there is no cause to avert it
The Author is the owner of The Diabetes Cooking Web Site.
For more information on cooking for diabetes go to http://www.the-diabetes-cooking.com/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Kitchener Meat Grinder Features - What to Look For
- What is The Purpose of Food Testing?
- The role of flax seeds in disease prevention
- How to Storage Loose Leaf Tea
- What Are The Common Foods That Causes Food Allergies
- The Rise of Pop-Up Restaurants and Bars
- Why does Pu-erh tea select Yunnan big leaf
- Differences between raw pu-erh and cooked
- Bagel Sliced Bread
- Henderson County Vineyards
- What to have for Dinner
- How meat re placers affect the beef industry.
- Creative Cakes: Mint, Cookies and Cream!
- Why Vegetarian?
- Best Places to Eat Pizza
- Using modern cleaning systems to increase beer line cleaning intervals
- A True Chicago Dining Experience
- Wellington and York Partners: Food Products You Shouldn’t Miss in Switzerland
- 10 difference between US and Italian pizza
- Build your own pizza to make it healthy and nutritious
- Natural Mineral Water An Elixir For Dehydration
- Choose Natural Mineral Water- Choose Your Health
- The Benefits of Eating Grass-fed Beef and Pastured Pork
- 10 Drinks to avoid when you’re 40
- Setting the Record straight on Meat Health
- Almond oil and its properties
- Use Water Dispensers and Routines to Lose Weight
- 3 Common Issues with a Water Cooler Dispenser
- 4 Great Food Options for Overcoming Hunger Pangs When Dieting
- Aussie Natural Spring Water