Car care tips for travelers
- Author Shiela Harris
- Published October 28, 2009
- Word count 662
Just like me there are people who do love to travel. And usually we used our cars, trucks and van to make it more fun. However, there are things a person got to do before going on a long travel. We always make sure we check our cars to make it a safe and fun trip. Here is some of the stuff we must not forget.
First we got to see if the car has gas. Gas is really important, especially on a long trip. There are some incidents that we forgot to check our gas and be stuck in the middle of the road looking for the nearest gas station. Make sure you have a full gas tank before you leave. And refill your tank when you’re having a break on any gas station you pass by. Plus if you will travel to a remote area its good thing to have an extra gallon of gas just in case your gas gets empty and gas station are too far.
Then you got to check the engine. See if it’s in a good condition to go on a long trip. Always have a gallon of water to just in case the car engine over heat. Check the tires see if they are in a good condition for a long travel. Check if the screws on tires are tight. And always have an extra tire. Oh and make sure that the extra tire you have is not a flat. Make sure you bring your jack and lug wrench for your tires. So that you are ready when you get a flat tire on the road. It’s good to bring some flashlight with battery. And bring some extra battery for the flashlight too and check if it’s working before putting it to your trunk. Flashlight can be use as a warning device to the car that will pass by while you are working with your flat tires. Furthermore, check the other parts of your car. And check your brake and the lights specially the headlights, break lights and the turn signal lights. See if they are all working properly. These are the things you got to do to make sure the car is really in good condition for a long travel.
In addition, always bring the necessary documents of your car like the license and registration of your car. And if you’re going to travel on a different state makes sure you have your passport with you and some other travel document you will necessarily need.
And always make sure to be careful when you’re driving on the road. Find some ways of making your trip be a fun and not a boring one. Play some music while driving or listen to the radio with your favorite station. And if ever you were feeling tired or sleepy from driving. Stop at any motel or hotel to rent a room and get some sleep. If you really can’t stop from driving, and you are with someone who knows how to drive. Then make a schedule on who will drive on the daytime and night time. So that you can get some rest while someone is driving. However, if you are alone and there are no really hotels or motels or any stop over nearby. Then try to find an empty lot that you can stop your car and just get a nap to ease the sleepiness that you feel. On the other hand, just stop your car at the side of the road and nap. Just do not forget to open your signal lights so drivers who will pass by can see your car in the dark.
Always be safe when you’re at the road. And always remember to buckle up and obey rules and regulation on the road. Hope this few tips will help you and will be a reminder to you on your next trip.
If you want to buy new or used car you can come and visit us at 645 North Main Street Layton, UT 84041 or call us at (866) 798-9527. You can also visit us in our website at http://www.youngchev.com.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
- Premier Carriage Proud Of 25 Years Of Service Excellence
- Customising Your Company Vehicle: Why You Should Choose Wrapping Over Repainting
- 5 Simple Tips For Smooth Driving In Winter
- Limohire and sports car hire
- 6 Simple Ways To Prepare Your Car For The ‘Back To School Season’
- Can You Sue After An Uber Accident?
- 5 Great Ways To Modernise Your Driving
- 5 Things To Watch Out For On The Roads This Summer
- What’s Coming Next In Car Safety? 5 Areas To Keep An Eye On
- Tips When Buying Quality Used Cars on Sale
- The Ultimate Guide to Caring for and Upgrading Your Car
- The Beginner’s Guide to Professional Car Detailing
- 5 Ways To Find The Faults With Your Car
- Why Window Tinting Cars Is Beneficial
- 5 Great Ways To Upgrade Your Driving Experience
- World premiere of the electric Audi Q4 e-tron and Q4 Sportback e-tron
- 5 Key Changes In The Transport Industry That YOU Need To Know About
- The Emerging Green Face Of Transport: And 5 Ways To Keep Up!
- Best GPS Tracking Device - Don't Cheap Out on Components
- The 5 Electric Cars With The Longest Range
- What Changes are the MOT industry is Applying in 2021?
- Why Vyncs Car Tracker Is a Great Choice for Parents
- 6 Simple Ways To Pandemic-Proof Your Car
- A Fresh Look at Trends and Statistics in the Automotive Aftermarket
- Does Tuning Increase Fuel Economy?
- What Are the Benefits of Dual Exhausts?
- How do you know if your Car Needs Coolant?
- Is it Worth Buying a New Van During Covid-19?
- Which Cars Have the Most Engine Problems?
- How can I sell my used car easily and quickly? We have good advice on how to sell your car fast and profitably.