PS2 vs. PS3: Which one you will go for?
- Author Jennifer Abej
- Published November 27, 2009
- Word count 593
Sony has ruled the console landscape with its previous PlayStation home consoles, and the company is hoping that it has another blockbuster on tap.
After the long-lived Playstation, Sony had the very wise decision to create a follow up to it's original console which would be aptly named ''Playstation 2''. Sony decided to create a new console with new technology because their first console was so successful and they wanted to keep up with times. A lot of the first PS2's were found to be defective in some way or another, but that's because Sony wanted to hurry up and start selling their Console.
The PlayStation 2 (often shortened to PS2) is a sixth-generation video game console. The successor to the PlayStation, and the predecessor to the PlayStation 3, the PlayStation 2 forms part of the PlayStation series of video game consoles. Its development was announced in March 1999 and it was released a year later in Japan. Its primary competitors were Sega's Dreamcast, Microsoft's Xbox, and Nintendo's GameCube.
Playstation 2 is by far the most capable of extras than any other system. The PS2 has 2 USB ports which can be used for almost anything. Steering Wheels, Keyboards, Headsets, Modems, and it also has an i-Link port which can be used to link up multiple PS2's to play together.
Playstation 3 is also another new evolution in the world of fun introduced by Sony in 2006. This model has more effective and powerful features than the earlier models introduced. This model has better features and better graphics and in terms of capabilities it is far better than the other ones. In fact this product allows you to play games of both PS1 and PS2.
The PlayStation 3 (PS3) is a graphical powerhouse, with a cutting-edge Cell processor and a customized Nvidia graphics chip that could melt most gaming PCs. But the console goes beyond gaming, doubling as a Blu-ray and DVD movie player. With the release of the PS3 Slim, the playing field has been leveled as both the Xbox 360 Elite and PS3 offer 120GB of storage at the same price point.
A major feature that distinguishes the PlayStation 3 from its predecessors is its unified online gaming service, the PlayStation Network, which contrasts with Sony's former policy of relying on video game developers for online play. Other major features of the console include its robust multimedia capabilities, connectivity with the PlayStation Portable, and its use of a high-definition optical disc format, Blu-ray Disc, as its primary storage medium. The PS3 was also the first Blu-ray 2.0-compliant Blu-ray player on the market.
In general, the real benefit from the PS3 is High Definition. The PS3 outputs a maximum 1080p signal, plays games that are designed for high definition TVs, and plays Blu-Ray movies (which are HD movies). The PS2, on the other hand, outputs a maximum 480p signal, plays games that are generally standard definition, and plays standard DVDs. Of course, the PS3 can play standard DVDs and, through backwards compatibility, play PS1 and PS2 games as well (some of which are available for download on the PlayStation Network).
When you come to a decision whether the new PS3 games are really what you want, or if the old PS2 games are enough. When it comes right down to it, buying a PS3 is looking forward, but buying a PS2 is saving money now. Start your shopping for PS2 or PS3 at http://www.computronestore.com , and decide which is best for you. Start your on-line shopping now.
About the Author:
Jennifer Abej, content writer for computronestore.com
Jebel Ali Free Zone,
There are no posted comments.
- How you can Install and keep Mannequin Head Model Props
- Skip The Drive And Buy Your Swishers Sweets Online
- Picture made with Text: A gift perfects for all situation
- Appreciating your silent heroes with Photo to words
- A Revolution for Change | Modern Art
- The Beginner's Guide to Kamado Grills
- The Best Way to Practice Applying Makeup Around the Head Model
- 6 Questions to Ask Before Buying a Rice Cooker
- 7 Different Types of Crystal Glass Decanters Homeowners Must Know
- Vape Coils | eJuice Direct
- 4 Reasons Why a House Party Host Must Consider Crystal Glassware Items
- Smart Considerations before Investing on Crystal Glassware
- FAA Order of Right-Away Challenged by Unmanned Aircraft Or UAVs?
- Pianoforall Reviewed: Secrets To Learn How To Play Piano Fast And Easy!
- Why Should You Have To Wear Designer Watches
- 5 Essential Crystalware to Deck up your Home during Celebrations
- How to Clean Coroplast Cage?
- Guide To Choose Perfect Striped Pillow Cases
- Which Dental X-Rays Machine Is Worth To Buy
- Best Buy Acquires GreatCall, A Leading Connected Health Services Provider.
- Jones & Black E Liquid Review
- Adding Flare to Your Translation Tool Kit
- How Does Beard Oil Work?
- 4 Unparalleled Features of Modern Headphones
- Why Alpaca?
- Landline vs VoIP - Smarter BusinessVoIP vs. landline: which is better for your business telecoms?
- Take a Look at Mi Max 2 Online and Compare Before Buying
- Know the Various Features of Latest Redmi Note 4
- Know About Various Types of Trolleys Make Work Easier?
- Lenovo K6 Power, Phab 2 Plus - Smartphones for Budget-Conscious Segment!