Diabetes Diet Suggestions
- Author Gregg Camp
- Published December 11, 2009
- Word count 499
A problem that faces many diabetics is having a rich and varied diet without causing huge fluctuations is their glucose levels. You can find plenty of advice on the internet and from the doctors that you see close to your Capitola real estate. Sometimes it can all be very confusing. Hopefully, you will find some easy to understand advice and diet tips in this article.
Carbohydrates will make your blood sugar levels go up, period. There are three types of carbs in food: sugar, starch, and dietary fiber. Starch and sugar both raise blood glucose levels so including both types in your meal plan is essential, but they have to be in moderate quantities. Foods that are rich in carbs are:
• Beans and legumes
• Grains, starchy vegetables(potatoes)
• Milk and yogurt
• Sweets and chips
By keeping track of how many carbohydrates you eat and setting a limit for your maximum amount to eat, you can help to keep your blood glucose levels on track. The dietician that is nearest your Capitola real estate can give you a guide on how to count carbs.
Not much attention is paid to fats, but they are very important to prevent heart disease and help to keep your blood sugar in control. There are healthy and unhealthy fats. The unhealthy fats are the saturated and trans fats. The healthy fats are the monounsaturated, polyunsaturated and omega-3 fats. It is not enough to tell you what is good and what is not. Here is a list of foods that have unhealthy fat and should be avoided at the grocery near your Capitola real estate.
• High-fat dairy products such as full-fat cheese, cream, ice cream, whole milk, 2% milk and sour cream.
• High-fat meats like regular ground beef, bologna, hot dogs, sausage, bacon and spareribs
• Fatback and salt pork
• Cream sauces
• Gravy made with meat drippings
• Palm oil and palm kernel oil
• Coconut and coconut oil
• Poultry (chicken and turkey) skin
• Processed foods like snacks (crackers and chips) and baked goods (muffins, cookies and cakes) with hydrogenated oil or partially hydrogenated oil
• Stick margarine
• Some fast food items such as french fries
• Egg yolks
• Liver and other organ meats
These foods contain healthy fat and can be found at any grocery store near your Capitola real estate.
• Canola oil
• Nuts like almonds, cashews, pecans, and peanuts
• Olive oil and olives
• Peanut butter and peanut oil
• Sesame seeds
• Corn oil
• Cottonseed oil
• Safflower oil
• Soybean oil
• Sunflower oil
• Pumpkin or sunflower seeds
• Soft (tub) margarine
• Salad dressings
• Albacore tuna
• Rainbow trout
• Tofu and other soybean products
• Flaxseed and flaxseed oil
• Canola oil
The lists are long so that you can have a comprehensive group of foods that you can eat. There is nothing worse than feeling that you have to eat the same foods day in and day out or that you cannot go out to eat near your Capitola real estate.
There are no posted comments.
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure
- 10 Top Solid Nourishments To Keep You Fit
- Pure Water Health Benefits