Do You Struggle With Food Addiction?
- Author Shawn Cole
- Published December 14, 2009
- Word count 652
All of us may over indulge in regards to snacking once in a while but have you ever entertained the possibility of being a food addict? Absurd as this may seem, the answer to this inquiry may be critical in settling how you approach losing weight. Many experts in the medical field state that food addiction ought to be taken as earnestly as that of nicotine and cocaine and may be equally as harmful.
Food dependence creates an overpowering longing for select foods. This craving can be so intense that neglecting to consume them results in physical symptoms like headaches and nausea, coupled with psychological consequences like depression. Those who food addictions seek the consolation that certain foods provide for them. The conditions affiliated with the addiction may too contribute to potential binge eating as well.
It is critical to note that there are multiple versions of food addiction. For instance, some people may binge eat for various days, which is referred to as compulsive overeating. Some sufferers of the disorder may actually lose weight, but they more than likely regain it over time. Real evidence of dependence includes constantly eating alone, eating quickly and eating without actually being hungry.
Bulimia, where an individual overeats and later regurgitates via vomiting or by consuming laxatives is another form of addiction. This affliction can be demonstrated by being overly with weight and incessantly stuff themselves when eating.
Another form of food addiction can be packaged as anorexia. Anorexics attempt to starve themselves with the target of obtaining their idealized weight. Those who endure this condition are dramatically underweight and fear being heavy. They likewise sequester themselves during meal time and are also obsessed with their weight. Many anorexics suffer from depression as well.
Food addiction is addressed utilizing a variety of methods. Those who are fighting the disease can work with psychiatric professionals in order to cultivate fresh ways to handle their emotions and how they perceive food. This type of therapy can function to reveal the true root of the individual’s addiction, whether it be underlying fears or anger toward something, or matters in their past. More critical cases of addiction may command a stint in a psychiatric facility where the individual can obtain coaching to handle emotional problems, learn and implement healthy eating habits, and learn techniques to deal with their troubles.
Many recovering food addicts employ some of the corresponding principles that the 12-step platform by alcoholics. A few of these principles includes a confession of their lack of command in relation to food, admitting that they have problems that needs to be fixed, and establishing the belief that they can be brought back to normal. Also corresponding to other recovery plans, recovering food addicts can benefit from the sustenance of a group, many times getting strength from those who are likewise dealing with similar problems related with food.
As of now science has not verified food dependence to be a hereditary condition. That withstanding, there are denotations of eating habits being inherited generationally. Often times, the thought of adversely impacting their children can motivate possible food addicts to seek help with their issue.
As with other addictions, it is rather viable that food addiction cannot be overcome, only managed, that is, recovery becomes a day by day procedure for some. With this in mind, food addicts need not acquiesce to their circumstance. Making the commitment to acquire new eating habits and embracing fresh positions about body and image and food can help them beat the condition as well as keep their weight under control.
Those in recovery should keep in mind that even with the strongest treatment and most regenerated spirit, enticement can rear its ugly head. Remember to not beat yourself up for this and remember what you are withdrawing yourself from and make whatever adjustments that you need to make in order to continue to get better.
For great weight loss plans and tips go to the website of Anu Morgan, Weight Loss Expert and Personal Trainer. For a detailed plan on how to uncover the body you have always wanted get Anu's free report "The Seven Personal Trainer Secrets to Weight Loss" by visiting AnuMorgan.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure
- 10 Top Solid Nourishments To Keep You Fit
- Pure Water Health Benefits