- Author Alfred Patick
- Published December 20, 2009
- Word count 562
With the large amounts of toxins in the inorganic foods we eat, we all need to eat organic whenever possible. Every time that you choose conventionally farmed foods or processed foods over organic, you are increasing your cumulative exposure to chemicals and raising your risk of disease.
Organic agriculture methods are used to minimize pollution from air, soil and water. Organic food handlers, processors and retailers adhere to standards that maintain the integrity of organic agricultural products. The primary goal of organic agriculture is to optimize the health and productivity of interdependent communities of soil life, plants, animals and people.
However if the label reads simply "Organic", it means the product is only 95 - 99% organic. Likewise, any food that is less than 95% organic cannot by law display the Certified Seal. What appears on the label instead for foods which are only 74 - 94% organic is "Made with Organic Ingredients".
But only organic broccoli can assure you that this sequence of chemical reactions has taken place without interference from pesticides, growth hormones, or other foreign agents. We derive our energy from the foods we eat. By healthy eating with organic foods, we draw vitality from plants that are full of vigour themselves.
Having less chemicals in your body from pesticides would seem to be a good thing, but research studies have not proven how much of a benefit this is. Only time will tell. However, analysis done on organic fruits show they do contain higher levels of minerals and antioxidants such as vitamin C and E which are critical to healthy skin and to collagen production.
Organic foods might seem expensive; however, your tax dollars pay for hazardous waste clean up and environmental damage caused by conventional farming as well as health care for unhealthy individuals.
Fertilizers are used to plant the crop of foods that are not considered organic and to stimulate the growth process. As the crop starts to grow, farmers will add an herbicide to the mix to help fortify the plant. Furthermore, these same individuals will also implement pesticides on the crop to ensure that it is protected from various pests.
Organic foods are often tastier and better for you. Because these foods are grown organically, as opposed to artificial fertilization, the soil they are grown in is often full of more nutrients. The difference between an organic fruit or vegetable versus a non-organic fruit or vegetable could be your recommended daily nutritional intake.
Bear with me if this is old info, but it is very important. Every cell in your body will be dead and gone in approximately one year. Your skin, your bones, your muscles, your organs, and even the atoms and cells that make up your DNA are in a constant state of degeneration and regeneration.
Organic meats, like organic vegetables, are naturally pure and free of any artificial chemical substances. Cattle, chickens and other organically raised animals receive no special hormones to promote growth and are not treated with antibiotics.
Extreme care has to be taken to prepare the soil and keep it free from air borne insects as well as rats and mice. There are a number of plants that can be grown that will help to keep the insect population down. The farmer must also spend a fair amount of time actually looking at each plant to see that its free from insect attacks.
There are no posted comments.
- Great Guide To Having A Healthy Body
- 8 Benefits of CBD Oil and Its Uses
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure