Common Foods That You Should Avoid
- Author Dennis Chiu
- Published January 1, 2010
- Word count 451
Processed foods have become quite a staple in most households. The fact that they are more convenient as well as easier to store and buy at the supermarket makes them quite an easy addition to the regular grocery list. But consuming such foods come with a price that may affect your health. They might contain certain compounds that may eventually have grave consequences on your health. Here are some of the more common processed foods that you should try to avoid as much as possible.
Canned tomatoes may be quite convenient but they can also be quite risky health wise. The problem lies with the tin cans that the tomatoes are being stored in. these tin cans usually contain resin linings that may include bisphenol-A or BPA, a type of synthetic estrogen that is linked to certain condition ranging from reproductive problems to obesity and heart disease.
The acidity of the tomatoes can cause the BPA compound to leach into the food. This can then find its way into the body where it can eventually lead to certain conditions such as chromosomal damage to suppressing sperm production, according to some animal studies. A better choice would be consuming bottled tomatoes or those fresh organic varieties bought from supermarkets.
Another common foodstuff that you should likely avoid is microwave popcorn. Despite the convenience that such snacks may offer, there lurks certain risks due to the packaging that they may be using.
Chemicals such as perfluorooctanoic acid or PFOA may be found in the lining of the bags used in microwave popcorn. Microwave can cause this chemicals to vaporize and transfer into the popcorn. This can cause the compounds to accumulate inside the body and then stay there for years. Perfluorooctanoic acid is known to cause certain types of cancers in animal tests and has been linked to infertility in humans.
Farmed salmon may look quite ordinary to most people and they may not be distinguishable from those ordinarily sourced from traditional fishing. But knowing them may help you better avoid them because they can also have detrimental effects on your health. The problem with farmed salmon lies on how they are being grown through artificial means.
Farmed salmon are usually being fed poultry litter and soy as well as hydrolyzed chicken feathers. They are also being crammed into pens that make their environment quite stressful and unhealthy for the salmon. The result would be salmon that usually contain higher levels of contaminants as well as lower levels of vitamin D. The contaminants include several carcinogens as well as pesticides as a result of ingestion by the salmon as they are being raised in pens near land.
There are no posted comments.
- Great Guide To Having A Healthy Body
- 8 Benefits of CBD Oil and Its Uses
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure