How to Choose the Best 10 Minute Oil Change Service Center
- Author Tim Laganke, Jr
- Published March 29, 2007
- Word count 875
Here are a few things to consider the next time you want a quick 10 minute oil change.
Since you’re a busy person, you want to make the most of the time you have available. And spending a lot of time driving just to find a 10 minute oil change center isn’t going to make your life any easier. So you want a place that can be gotten to quickly so you can have your car serviced and be on your way. In most cases, a ten to fifteen minute drive is ideal if you want to get in and get out so you can take care of other matters.
Just as important as how long it takes to get to the 10 minute oil change service center is how easy it is to get in and out. Trying to cross 3 lanes of heavy traffic will probably take more time than it will to get your oil changed. And when time is precious, the last thing you want is to be stuck in the middle of the road for fifteen minutes just trying to make a left.
Believe it or not there are still some places that require you to get out of your car and wait for your 10 minute oil change service to be done. And while these places sometimes offer 10 minute oil changes, it’s really a hassle for consumers, especially when they’re pressed for time.
Busy people like you should look for a place that allows you to drive in, sit in your car and drive right out as soon as the work is finished. There really isn’t much of a reason to leave your car for a 10 minute oil change unless you’re having other things done to it that’ll take more than 10 minutes to complete.
10 minute oil change centers usually offer a variety of service packages. All will change your oil, but many will check and top off your car’s fluids, check your air filter, check tire pressure, check wiper blades and even lubricate vital parts.
You should look for a place that will give your car a thorough inspection in addition to changing your oil. It generally doesn’t take up any more time and will give you the comfort of knowing that your vehicle is as safe as can be when you drive away. While you may not always need those extras, it’s nice to know they’re available and that most problems can be fixed while you wait.
The sheer number of 10 minute oil change facilities to choose from is good for you because competition helps to keep prices down. Still, you want to find a place that’s not going to gouge you for basic service. In my area the standard price for a basic 10 minute oil change is around $20, which is a fair price for the convenience, time savings and not having to get under the car myself. From that base price you can usually opt for additional services and checks to be performed on your vehicle.
Valvoline, Castrol, Pennzoil, Lucas, 10W30, 10W40 – it’s all Greek to me, but it may mean something for your particular vehicle. Today, cars and trucks are advanced machines and some demand certain types of oil.
While most 10 minute oil change places offer a primary brand of oil, many stock competing brands for those that have a preference or a special need. Just be careful because, in many instances, if you opt for a brand that’s something other than the primary one offered by the service center, you’ll pay extra.
So if you have a preference of Castrol over Valvoline, then find a place that offers that as their brand of choice.
I know that a 10 minute oil change should mean exactly that, but if you get additional services that some centers provide you’ll probably end up being a little longer than ten minutes. How much longer is acceptable is a matter of preference, but ideally you should be in and out within 15 minutes, if you get the full service. For basic oil change service 10 minutes should be the norm.
Still you don’t want to feel as if you’re being rushed through like cattle. A 10 minute oil change is fast, but if the company goes over because they’re being thorough, then that’s better for you and your car.
It seems like finding good customer service these days is like finding the Holy Grail. If you can find a 10 minute oil change place that offers quick service AND has a friendly, knowledgeable staff, then you’ve hit the jackpot.
A good staff who knows what they’re doing is important because they not only treat you like a person as opposed to a fistful of dollars, but they can also alert you to problems you might not have known about – like a leaking radiator – until it was too late.
While these might seem like a lot of things to consider – especially for something as simple as a 10 minute oil change – you and your car will be better off once you find a place that offers everything you’re looking for.
Tim LaGanke, Jr. is president of QuickChange Oil, a 10 minute oil change center, with locations across Cleveland, Ohio. QuickChange is currently seeking applicants interested in the oil change franchise business. Please contact LaGanke at email@example.com for more information.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- These tips will help you maintain your car
- Professionals Can Do The Best Job Of Overspray Removal at Just Like New Overspray Removal Inc.
- Innovative lightweight products to change industry dynamics for air brake systems
- 4 Essential Car Repairs to Avoid Future Problems
- Some Important Reasons for Investing in Tubeless Tyres
- Why It Is Important to Maintain Your Car Brake System Regularly
- Breakdown Recovery – How to Choose Your Optimal Car Recovery Solution
- Car Sound System: How to Get Better Sound Quality Without Replacing It
- 11 ultimate Guide about how to take care of your Car And Maintenance Tips
- Let's Make Your Old Car New Again
- Tips On How To Maintain Your Vehicle
- 4 Ways to Pump up Your Vehicle's Power
- Your Search for the #1 Engine Test Stand Ends Here
- Want to know to adjust the speed of wipers?
- Save Big with Easy-Run’s Fall Special!
- Tire Maintenance For Optimal Tire Life
- Beware Tires Expire
- The Heart of Your Car’s Ability To Keep You Warm - The Heater Core And it too can suffer from clogged arteries and stop working.
- Two must-see tips for motorcycle maintenance
- Analysis of clutch failure
- Car fuel saving tips every driver should know
- Adjustment and maintenance of chain
- Auto Wheel Alignment the most misunderstood auto maintenance item?
- Use A Windshield Sunshade To Protect Your Vehicle!
- The True Cost of Ignoring Vehicle Maintenance
- Keeping The Cost of Automotive Ownership Down - Create A Winning Partnership
- Car Maintenance - Do It Yourself and Save Money
- Bug and Tar Remover to Keep Auto Paint Looking Like New
- Why Wrap Your Vehicle?
- Can Speedy Oil Change Service Stations Be Reputable?