Could You Find Healthy Food on the Fast Food Menu?
- Author Sunny Ramawardhani
- Published February 4, 2010
- Word count 331
Most people know that fast food does not mean healthy food and the typical fare served by these establishments are real diet and health busters. Fast food calorie menu that you can find are giant burgers with cheese, bacon and dressings, fried chicken and steaks, pizzas loaded with cheese, burritos and tacos all washed down with large or extra large sodas and milkshakes.
Now if you're a healthy eater and visit fast food restaurants infrequently, fast food calorie menu like burger or piece of pizza is not going to hurt you. However, in a fast food restaurant you still can find a healthy meal by choosing low fat menu. The best rule of thumb is to try and avoid any food in which the calories from fat makes up more than 30% of the whole product. If the food has been breaded, fried or grilled many times then it's a safe bet that it's likely high in fat. Be aware that it's not only burgers, but chicken and fish as well.
Many modern fast food restaurants also have low fat menu like salad bars, so choose a fresh green salad to accompany your main meal. Low fast food calorie dressings, if available, are the best alternative in fast food menu.
Restaurants now provide nutritional information for their fast foods and meals, so the health conscious eater or dieter can find out what's in their food, as well as the calories and fat they contain. If the nutritional information is not clearly visible or available, don't be afraid to ask a member of staff as they should be able to provide fast food nutritional information for you.
Losing weight, fat loss and getting in shape takes a lot of effort and much of your progress is determined by diet as well as exercise. By understanding how your body works, the best fast food menu to eat and how to have the right mindset, you can successfully lose weight and maintaining a healthy weight.
Sunny Ramawardhani's healthy food guide.
Providing information in vegetable soup diet research, tips , and much more!Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Kitchener Meat Grinder Features - What to Look For
- What is The Purpose of Food Testing?
- The role of flax seeds in disease prevention
- How to Storage Loose Leaf Tea
- What Are The Common Foods That Causes Food Allergies
- The Rise of Pop-Up Restaurants and Bars
- Why does Pu-erh tea select Yunnan big leaf
- Differences between raw pu-erh and cooked
- Bagel Sliced Bread
- Henderson County Vineyards
- What to have for Dinner
- How meat re placers affect the beef industry.
- Creative Cakes: Mint, Cookies and Cream!
- Why Vegetarian?
- Best Places to Eat Pizza
- Using modern cleaning systems to increase beer line cleaning intervals
- A True Chicago Dining Experience
- Wellington and York Partners: Food Products You Shouldn’t Miss in Switzerland
- 10 difference between US and Italian pizza
- Build your own pizza to make it healthy and nutritious
- Natural Mineral Water An Elixir For Dehydration
- Choose Natural Mineral Water- Choose Your Health
- The Benefits of Eating Grass-fed Beef and Pastured Pork
- 10 Drinks to avoid when you’re 40
- Setting the Record straight on Meat Health
- Almond oil and its properties
- Use Water Dispensers and Routines to Lose Weight
- 3 Common Issues with a Water Cooler Dispenser
- 4 Great Food Options for Overcoming Hunger Pangs When Dieting
- Aussie Natural Spring Water