College Textbook Prices
- Author Albert Smith
- Published February 25, 2010
- Word count 474
College textbook prices are by no means low these days. College education is very expensive in most countries and the cost of the courseware contributes heavily to the total bill. Unfortunately, this is also the time of one’s life when there is no fixed income, small allowances, and huge peer pressure in almost every area of life. In such times every little penny saved adds up which is why it is a good idea to research textbook prices a little before spending your parent’s hard earned money on them.
A college textbook has a limited life, sometimes a semester, sometimes two – it is worth your while to consider buying used books in place of new ones. These can be cheaper by up to 50% and if you sell them back in reasonably good condition, you can even recover some part of your investment. In a way when you take a book from a library, it is also the same principle. You are not the first reader of the copy and certainly not the last. You pay a fee for using the library which could be compared to the total money spent after you’ve sold the book back. High college textbook prices have made this a very sensible solution for rich and poor students alike. At the end of the day, money has an opportunity cost. A dime saved on books can be a dime saved on more books or just fun at the end of the day.
It is important to go with a reputed retailer that allows you to exchange or return any book if found to be in a bad condition. While most companies will accept and sell books in a good condition, there could be an oversight.
While saving on college textbook prices is one thing, be sure to order your books well in advance. There is no point receiving your ordered books when the semester is over. Also check the date of publishing so that you do not land up with an outdated copy. Depending on the subject in question, there can be changes in subject matter which may not be reflected in a very old copy. However, sometimes very old publications can be available at throwaway prices. If somebody is willing to make a little effort on manual updation, they can also be a viable option.
In summary, college is a time when it is important to spend money carefully since there is no fixed income. Rather than compromising on the books, it is better to buy a second hand copy which works. You can even research prices to get the best deal. This is best done in online book stores which have a price advantage to offer. But try to speak with your seniors on information on the best stores to visit before buying from anyone.
To better research college textbook prices, it may be a good idea to explore online. Online retailers save a lot of costs that a brick shop incurs like assistants, land rent, etc.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Industrial and Decorative Uses Of Copper
- Good Soil Composition is the Key to Low-Maintenance Lawns
- Growing Healthy Tomatoes: Diseases and Fungi Prevention
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Why USD is a Safe Haven During the Crisis
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- How to Trim a Hedge Properly
- The Largest Trees in the UK
- Best Eco Tours in Goa - List of Trekking and Nature Activities
- 5 Places to Watch Weathering With You Online
- What If Everyone Participated on the Ownership Side of the US Economy?
- Nesting Birds and The Effects on Tree Work
- How to Disassemble Furniture When Moving House?
- Improve your drafting with a multi-purpose CAD platform
- 5 Simple and Successful Methods to Overcome Erectile Dysfunction
- Can SEO Benefit Every Business?
- How to learn easy English grammar with saifulsgrammar learning program
- Hard Drive Cloning Software - What It Is and Why You Need It
- The Best Gift on This Father’s Day
- Advantages of Having a Home-Based Job
- Skip The Drive And Buy Your Swishers Sweets Online
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- Take This Crap Off Your Resume If You Want An Interview!
- Being a creative professional and a good sport
- Filming a video interview: How to be a good interviewee
- Spec Work: The setbacks and benefits
- The Keys to Smoother Credit Rolls
- What they don’t tell you about owning a creative small business.
- Year Round Lawn Care and Maintenance