Natural Cures For Yeast Infections
- Author Sarah Rhodes
- Published May 13, 2007
- Word count 649
Sometimes a white coating on the tongue is the result of a yeast infection, also known as thrush. This is when there is an overgrowth of fungus called candida, normally found on skin or mucus membranes. However, if the environment inside the mouth or throat becomes imbalanced, candida can multiply, causing the tongue to be coated. Those with poor immune systems and those who use antibiotics frequently have higher chances of getting a yeast infection.
Yeast infections usually are treated with medicine that you put into your vagina. This medicine may be a cream or a suppository that you put into your vagina with a special applicator. Medicine in a cream form also can be put on your vulva to help stop the itching. Medicine in a pill form that you take by mouth is also available. However, natural treatments without the use of medications are much more effective and provide a permanent cure.
Every three out of four women experience at least one yeast infection during her life; many experience recurrent infections. You can reduce the probability of recurrent attacks by practicing some preventive steps. Always wear white cotton panties. Nylon and Lycra may trap air and create a breeding ground for yeast. Keep the external genital area clean and dry. Avoid antibiotics and steroids, because they destroy the competing bacteria and allow yeast to overgrow. Avoid irritating and perfumed soaps, vaginal sprays. Change tampons and sanitary napkins frequently. After swimming, change quickly into dry clothing instead of sitting in wet bathing suit for prolonged periods. Take antibiotics only as prescribed by a doctor. If diabetic, try to keep tight control over blood sugar levels. Avoid using oral contraceptives if you have a yeast infection. Avoid use of petroleum-based lubricants for vaginal lubrication during sexual intercourse. Try using water-based lubricants.
Candida albicans is a type of yeast. And yeast is a kind of fungi (like mushrooms and molds). If youre familiar with fungi then you would know that these thrive in moist and slightly exposed areas. The same thing applies when it comes to your body. It is therefore common to find candidiasis in parts of the body like the mouth, the genitals and other areas where skin folds and keeps a lot of moisture. But candida is most commonly found in your digestive system. The reason why people dont get sick because of the mere presence of candida is because good bacteria (called probiotics) keep the candida in check, preventing the fungi from growing to an extent it will do harm to your body.
The common culprit here is Candida albicans. Yeast is present in everyone and lives in harmony along with many other microorganisms in the gastrointestinal tract. However, when there's candida overgrowth, it may cause problems such as oral thrush (white coating under the tongue), bloating, indigestion, lethargy, rectal itching, yeast infection of the skin and frequent bladder infections.
This type of treatment for your Candida yeast infection may seem a good solution, but all drugs have unpleasant and unwanted side effects. The anaesthetic gel may cause irritation and the steroid creams may cause the thinning of the vaginal walls. Antibiotics are usually weakening your immune system and antifungal drugs may cause a burning feeling to the affected area. But the anti-protozoal medicines can make you lose your appetite and even have nausea sensation. Another Candida treatment, the amityptiline may make you experience dry mouth, blurred vision and even fainting.
Over-the-counter medicated treatments cures the majority of yeast infections, however they can be only temporary treatments. The yeast infections may come back, even worse than before. Many people who use natural treatments report never having another yeast infection again. This is probably because the natural, holistic methods listen to the body and gets to the root of problem, while the creams temporarily kill candida in the vagina, which is always present in the body anyway.
Sarah Rhodes suffered from chronic yeast infections for many years before finally discovering a natural, permanent cure that works. Read about Sarah and the secret that permanently cured her yeast infections at: yeastinfectionsnomore.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?
- How this New Medical Device Could Help Save a Hundred Thousand American Lives Annually
- What Is CBD?
- Dental tourism in Vietnam: Safe or not?
- What you need to know before traveling to Vietnam for dental care
- #1 Home Remedy To Typhoid And Malaria