Population Spurs Guwahati Real Estate
- Author Deepika Bansal
- Published April 28, 2010
- Word count 591
Guwahati, the capital of Assam is the most important destination of Northeast India. It is surrounded by the Seven Sister States- Nagaland, Aruncahal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Tripura, and Manipur. Guwahati is famous for its rich coal reserves, natural gas, oil industry and tea plantations. Being the largest city of Assam, it is the industrial, educational and commercial hub of the state.
Guwahati is located on the bank of the Brahmaputra River and is heralded as a corridor to the entrance of northeastern states of India. It is one of the most rapidly developing cities today as large scale investments in real estate in Guwahati and nearby areas are being made. The primary reason for such growth is the ever-growing population of the city. This considerable increase in population happened because:
Guwahati is the economic centre of the state and so, the most preferred destination for migrants in Assam.
The fast paced development of industrial sector attracted more number of professionals to the city. These employees then generate accommodation needs leading to rise in demand for residential property.
Guwahati is home to some very prominent educational institutions of the country like IIT and other world class colleges. Students from everywhere throng the city while resulting in higher demand for housing spaces.
Knight Frank, a leading global property consultant observes that the immense rise in population has in a way proved beneficial for Guwahati property market. Large numbers of residential units comprising individual houses, apartment buildings, etc. are developing fast in the city. High street retailing is also flourishing with various departmental stores, supermarkets and large format stand-alone stores being established. Organized retail has also been growing with apparel stores and food and beverage chains setting up their flagship stores in the city.
Though Guwahati hasn’t seen an IT wave as prevalent in other cities but FMCG, insurance and financial companies have been taking interest in bringing their operations to the city. Many more are scouting for vacant land in the city to settle their presence in the city as central locations have almost reached saturation levels. The peripheral areas of the place are on the path of becoming new hotspots for real estate development. Due to such large-scale growth, hike in rates of property in Guwahati have been recorded from past few years.
The noteworthy developments among the residential projects that have shaped in the city in the residential sector include the following:
Guwahati Metropolitan Development Authority (GMDA) has come up with a Games Village at Sarusajai consisting of 700 residential units.
Another project by Brahmaputra Constructions comprising 150 apartments on RG Baruah Road is another important project.
Various infrastructure development projects are under progress to develop this upcoming region of Assam. The Games Village Township would further generate commercial developments in the area. Some national level retail corporations and international brands are also expected to enter the Guwahati real estate market soon. Moreover, local property developers are building up many residential and commercial projects like Riscon Villas, Southern Retreat, Protech Park, Agrim Residency, Uttarayan Greens, Zenith Heights, The legacy, Royal Circle and many others. In addition to these, Divine Plaza in Ganeshguri, Vishal Megamart at Paltan Bazar, Shopping centre called Hub at Bhangagarh, multiplex named Dona Planet, etc. will open shortly.
Guwahati witness huge migration from around the country, especially from north eastern states. These developments are instrumental in accommodating this population and in supporting the economic growth of the city. Property in Guwahati is all set for a higher boom and comes across as an ideal time for investments in property.
Deepika Bansal writes on behalf of 99acres.com, which is an internet portal dedicated to meet every aspect of the consumers needs in the real estate industry. It is a forum where buyers, sellers and brokers can exchange information. At 99 acres, you can advertise a property in India , search for a property, browse through Guwahati Real Estate & Properties.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Guelph home sales drop 70% as the real estate machine comes to a grinding halt
- 5 Steps on How to Declutter Your House for Sale
- The Best Real Estate Agent In Mississauga
- When to pour your polished concrete
- COVID-19 and Guelph’s real estate market. Where do buyers and sellers stand?
- How To Trust Your Real Estate Agent in NYC
- 5 Reasons why living in a doorman building in NYC is worth it
- 5 Great Luxury Apartment Buildings in Manhattan You Should Know
- Understanding NYC Real Estate Terms to Your Advantage
- How To Price Your Inherited Home In Philadelphia For Sale
- Purchasing A Home In Villamartin
- What Are Tensile Structure Fabric and Frame Materials
- Finding Luxury Rentals in NYC
- How To Buy A House in Scotland
- Sell Your House In Los Angeles
- The Importance of Real Estate Photo Editing Outsourcing
- The Importance Of An Inventory For Both Tenant And Landlord
- How to Identify a Qualified Commercial Broker?
- How Much Does It Cost To Sell a House in Scotland?
- How Much Does It Cost To Sell a House in Scotland?
- Tricks Of The Trade For Crafting Compelling Real Estate Copy
- Fire Detection System Protection for Real Estate
- Why do Tech Start-up Companies Love the Triangle?
- Utah Land Development
- Reasons To Hire Professional Cleaners For Bond Cleaning Services
- 3 Tips for Buying Hunting Land
- How to Use Castor Oil For Hair Growth
- Advantages of Working with Quality New Jersey Pool Installers
- Ideas & Inspiration Inground Pool Contractors
- Benefits of Diamond Brite Pool Plaster