3-Step Home Cold Sore Treatment
- Author Denny Bodoh
- Published June 6, 2007
- Word count 797
Are you searching for an effective cold sore treatment?
Thousands of cold sore victims like you and I are every day.
Well, do not spend your hard-earned money before you read about this powerful cold sore treatment 3-step plan. It is a home remedy that provides amazing relief, without having to buy some "secret" formula.
There are a lot of over-the-counter and prescription cold sore treatment products that claim to be the latest and greatest miracle. You buy one and try it, and, again, you are disappointed.
Truth is, most cold sore treatment products you find in stores are mainly comfort remedies. Nothing wrong with that - doing whatever you can to reduce the pain and discomfort while the cold sore is healing.
And even the prescription drugs that you read about in the papers have a very poor track record for reducing the length of the cold sore event. Studies show that the best of these may reduce the cold sore period by a few days. No big deal when they last three to four weeks.
If you could find a cold sore treatment plan that would give you maximum comfort, while cutting the healing time by a week or more - would that not be great?
You can do that right now.
But, quickly, let us first look at what we are dealing with.
The root cause of cold sores, fever blisters, or oral herpes is an infestation of the herpes simplex virus. This parasite virus lives in your nerve cells and is usually dormant. For cold sores, which occur mainly on the face, the herpes virus hides in the nerve ganglia under or behind your ear on the same side as your cold sore outbreak.
When this virus senses a weakness in your immune system, it will grab the opportunity to replicate. To do so, the cold sore virus will travel to the end of the nerve where it is living - ending up on the surface of your lip or nose.
During the replication process, a hoard of new herpes virus is created. Millions of your cells are destroyed in this process, creating an open wound right on the end of a nerve. Ouch!
Now you need an effective cold sore treatment.
If you are vigilant, you can stop the replication process, wipe out millions of viruses, and send the remaining virus back into hibernation.
And it is amazing how quickly your cold sore will heal once you have removed the cold sore virus from the area.
What cold sore treatment can do this?
Plain ice or another cold object, such as a can of soda. Seems too simple, right? But ice is a very good cold sore treatment. It reduces swelling, heat and pain and chases the cold sore virus away.
Ice, or similar, is free and available just about anywhere you might be when you suddenly feel a cold sore coming on. Put the ice in a plastic bag for less mess.
But, you must act quickly, at the first inkling of a cold sore. Even a couple hours delay can mean you will get a full-blown cold sore that could last 3 weeks or more.
Yes, as soon as you can, apply some cold object to it.
No matter how far along your cold sore, ice is a very good cold sore treatment. It can reduce the cold sore event by 35% or more. It will also work with, and boost, any other treatment, whether oral or topical.
A great virus killer for surface use is alcohol. It can sting, if you have not numbed it with ice first, but it is the gold standard for keeping a wound clean and reducing infections.
Use a cotton ball or tissue to apply it. You do not want to contaminate your fingers and spread it to someone else or to another location on yourself.
To speed healing even faster, try using some fresh sap from the Aloe Vera plant leaf. Just break off an inch or so of a leaf and apply the sap to the wound. Be sure to use the alcohol, or some other germ killer first. Aloe can heal right over an infection.
Also, do not waste your time on bottled Aloe Vera. It just does not have the healing power. Get a live plant for home - they are available nearly anywhere. Every household should have one. Aloe Vera is useful for a great many things besides a cold sore treatment.
There you have it - one of my favorite cold sore treatment plans in a nutshell. It is a powerful plan you can use right this minute to heal that cold sore.
Yes, it is quite simple but it is a well proven and powerful three-step cold sore treatment.
Denny Bodoh is a veteran research writer on alternative health and nutrition. Get the latest information on cold sores and great cold sore treatment ideas at Denny's popular site:http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?
- How this New Medical Device Could Help Save a Hundred Thousand American Lives Annually
- What Is CBD?
- Dental tourism in Vietnam: Safe or not?
- What you need to know before traveling to Vietnam for dental care
- #1 Home Remedy To Typhoid And Malaria