Hemorrhoids - Symptoms, Causes and Treatment Options
- Author Knut Holt
- Published May 6, 2006
- Word count 888
By hemorrhoids the veins in or around the anus, or in the lower rectum are swollen and often also inflamed. Hemorrhoids inside the rectum are called internal hemorrhoids, and those in the anal area external ones. Studies have shown that 1 out of 3 persons below the age of 50 will suffer from hemorrhoids. 1 out of 2 persons over the age of 50 is affected by this condition.
THE SYMPTOMS OF HEMORRHOIDS
Hemorrhoids give these symptoms:
-Swollen veins in the anal area or inside the rectum.
-Tears in the swollen veins and bleeding from the tears.
-Coagulated blood in the veins making hard lumps.
-The hemorrhoids may lead to permanent lumps, scars or thickened area after the initial healing.
THE PROCESS THAT LEADS TO HEMORRHOIDS
Before hemorrhoids form, there is usually an increased pressure in the veins of the anal area, for example due to over-filled intestines, due to constipation and thereby straining to get hard stool out during toilet visits, or due to frequent diarrhoea.
The veins have valves preventing the blood from flowing backwards. The increased pressure makes the segment of a vain right after a valve to swell up like a balloon.
The blood in the swollen vein segment then coagulates, making a hard lump that clogs the vein, and the clogged vein segment then gets infected and inflamed.
The inflamed hemorrhoids may then tear, so that the content empties and the vein bleeds. After emptying its content, the vein heals, but may develop a residing scar.
Other times the content of the hemorrhoids is dissolved and the vein heals without rupturing, but also now a permanent thickened or hardened vein segment may form.
CAUSES OF HEMORRHOIDS
Since hemorrhoids are caused by conditions making increased pressure in the anal veins, like lazy colon, constipation or diarrhoea, the ultimate cause of hemorrhoids are factors causing these conditions. Such factors are:
-Lack of fibre in the daily diet
-Drinking too less water.
-Consuming too less fat, or the opposite too much fat.
-Lack of daily physical exercise.
Cramping or prolonged tension in the anal sphincter and the muscles around the rectal opening seems to restrict the blood stream from the anal area back towards the heart, and thus also contribute to hemorrhoids. Nervous or psychological processes may cause tension in these muscles.
Hemorrhoids are a very common complication by pregnancy. The hormonal stimulation during pregnancy causes the vessels in the anal area to dilate. The weight of the foetus and the straining during childbirth will further cause a marked pressure increase in the already dilated vessels, with hemorrhoids as a consequence.
Heavy muscular work or heavy lifting can increase the pressure in the anal vessels and contribute to hemorrhoids. Conditions that weaken the tissue in the anal area may also contribute to development of hemorrhoids, for example inflammations, allergies or high age.
HOW CAN YOU CURE HEMORRHOIDS
Sometimes hemorrhoids require surgical or other medical intervention. However, in many cases you can do much yourself to prevent, alleviate or cure the condition. Since cancer or other serious conditions sometimes resemble hemorrhoids or cause hemorrhoids, newly detected hemorrhoids should always be medically investigated.
- Lifestyle adjustments
Lifestyle measures to prevent or cure an inactive colon, an overfilled colon and constipation, will also help to prevent or cure hemorrhoids. Such measures are:
A diet with enough fibre, containing whole corn cereals, whole corn bread, vegetables and fruit.
Using natural oils in the food that gives the intestinal content a soft consistency, like olive oil, sunflower oil, rape oil and soy oil.
Some daily exercise.
Drinking enough water.
- Agents to regulate the digestive function
You can use certain natural products to regulate your digestive functions and this will also help against hemorrhoids:
Bran added to your diet has high fibre content, and will stimulate the intestines to contract better and pass its content more rapidly.
Linen seeds will make the stool softer so that it is passed better through the intestines.
- Topical balms or ointments
You can find topical balms on the market to apply onto the affected area. The balms contain ingredients that penetrate through the skin into the swollen blood vessels and anal muscles, or are transported through the tissue fluids upwards in the intestinal wall. Other ingredients remain on the affected area as a protecting and lubricating sheet. The effects of these ingredients are.
Alleviating inflammation and itching.
Stimulating tissue healing.
Alleviating cramping in the rectal sphincter.
Dissolving coagulated blood.
Killing bacteria that cause infection in the affected area.
Lubricating the rectal opening or the end part of the rectum to make the stool pass more easily.
- Oral products to treat hemorrhoids
You can also find oral pills or capsules to help against hemorrhoids with the following effects:
Giving the stool a greater volume so that the intestines manage better to get hold of it and work it through.
Giving the stool a smoother consistency so that it passes more easily through the intestinal system and rectal opening.
Alleviating cramping and irregular contractions in intestinal system.
Stimulating the regular and effective contraction of the intestines.
Alleviating inflammation and itching.
Stimulating tissue healing.
If there is a hard constipation aggravating the hemorrhoids, a small enema can help to empty the colon and the rectum, and also help to cure the hemorrhoids. However, big enemas can increase the intestinal pressure and aggravate the condition.
Knut Holt is an internet consultant focusing on health items. ----TO FIND natural medicines against common diseases, for example: Circulatory problems, over-weight, acne, hypothyroidism, hemorrhoids, joint pain, digestive ailments, allergies, respiratory diseases and more, PLEASE VISIT:---https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Could diabetes be a side effect of Covid-19?
- LIFE-SAVING MOBILE MEDICAL CLINIC ARRIVES IN NORTHERN QUEENSLAND
- What are step-by-step guidelines to make use of an online MTP kit?
- Signs of High Blood Sugar - Hyperglycemia
- Root Canal Treatment And everything You Should Know About It
- Frequently Asked Questions Concerning Hypnotherapy
- The classical Periodontal treatment protocol
- Laser therapy for peri-implantitis
- Healing Prostatitis By Non-surgical Treatment
- anxiety disorder treatment
- Applications of Low-Level laser therapy in dental practice
- Abortion pill what is Medical abortion
- How do implant doctors use dental laser effectively
- How To Choose Pharma Bottle?
- What is Gynaecology?
- What Clinical Symptoms Does Prostatitis Have And How To Treat It
- Why Do Health Insurers Require Prior Authorization?
- 7 Reasons Why Infertility can ruin Your Marriage.
- What Birth Control method is best for me?
- Causes of insomnia: what are they?
- Vestibuloplasty Procedure using Dental Diode Lasers
- 5 Effective tips to fight stress at work
- Get Abortion Pill Online to Easily Terminate the Unwanted Gestation
- Which vaccinations are recommended during pregnancy?
- The minimally invasive hip replacement
- Help For Pain Behind The Knee
- End the Gestation Early with the Mtp Kit
- How To Have Twins: a Fertility Expert tells you the truth
- The coronavirus - what exactly is it?
- Management of Unerupted Lateral Incisor by LASER Assisted Surgical Exposure