Motorcycle Tires Q & A
- Author Maricon Williams
- Published May 21, 2006
- Word count 397
Too many queries are made and we need real answers. In motorcycles, overwhelming questions are given especially on motorcycle parts. One motorcycle part that needs elucidation is tire.
Here are few of the frequently asked questions about tires:
- Why are new tires better?
First, new tires are better because it is organic and it decomposes. Second because the older the tire gets, the more it is exposed to outgassing. Outgassing makes the tire brittle.
- What’s the right tire age?
In essence, the principle is the newer the tire the better. However, to make a tire last longer the tire’s age is of lesser importance. But be careful not to buy tires which are over six or seven years old. You will be able to know their date of manufacturing by searching for the three or four-digit number stamped in the tire’s sidewall. For instance, 2101 stands for 21st week of 2001 - which is its manufacturing date.
- What are size and pressure?
Run the bike in the recommended tire pressure. It is so simple. You just have to stick to the manufacturers guidelines. That is the safest and the best thing that you can do. Nevertheless, you can have some deviations depending on your desired performance. Moreover, you have to check tire pressure regularly.
- What will I do in case of a flat tire?
Motorcycle tires swerve from more directions. Unlike car tires, motorcycle tire has only the other tire to prevent it from falling. Thus, the best thing to do in case of a flat tire is to replace it and not just plug it.
- When is there a need for replacement?
It depends. Front tires may still shot even when there is still ample rubber. In fact, they may still look good even if they have gone through considerable heat cycles. They can also cup or scallop when already having uneven surface. This is the best time to replace them.
- When to buy a tire?
Buying tires must be made at reputable motorcycle stores. These stores have already established their names and services. You can also order online. But this remedy is a gamble because it will not guarantee that you will be getting newly manufactured tires. When you buy tires personally, you have the opportunity to choose the freshest tire in the store. You also have the chance to compare prices and quality.
Please visit Motorcycle Parts OEM site at http://www.motorcyclepartsbin.com/list/OEM-Motorcycle-Parts.html for comments and inquiries regarding this article.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Professionals Can Do The Best Job Of Overspray Removal at Just Like New Overspray Removal Inc.
- Innovative lightweight products to change industry dynamics for air brake systems
- 4 Essential Car Repairs to Avoid Future Problems
- Some Important Reasons for Investing in Tubeless Tyres
- Why It Is Important to Maintain Your Car Brake System Regularly
- Breakdown Recovery – How to Choose Your Optimal Car Recovery Solution
- Car Sound System: How to Get Better Sound Quality Without Replacing It
- 11 ultimate Guide about how to take care of your Car And Maintenance Tips
- Let's Make Your Old Car New Again
- Tips On How To Maintain Your Vehicle
- 4 Ways to Pump up Your Vehicle's Power
- Your Search for the #1 Engine Test Stand Ends Here
- Want to know to adjust the speed of wipers?
- Save Big with Easy-Run’s Fall Special!
- Tire Maintenance For Optimal Tire Life
- Beware Tires Expire
- The Heart of Your Car’s Ability To Keep You Warm - The Heater Core And it too can suffer from clogged arteries and stop working.
- Two must-see tips for motorcycle maintenance
- Analysis of clutch failure
- Car fuel saving tips every driver should know
- Adjustment and maintenance of chain
- Auto Wheel Alignment the most misunderstood auto maintenance item?
- Use A Windshield Sunshade To Protect Your Vehicle!
- The True Cost of Ignoring Vehicle Maintenance
- Keeping The Cost of Automotive Ownership Down - Create A Winning Partnership
- Car Maintenance - Do It Yourself and Save Money
- Bug and Tar Remover to Keep Auto Paint Looking Like New
- Why Wrap Your Vehicle?
- Can Speedy Oil Change Service Stations Be Reputable?
- Best Tips for Cleaning Your Wheels