You vs Debt, Who's In Control
- Author Eric Tsan
- Published July 4, 2010
- Word count 407
Are you currently in debt? Do not for a second think you are alone because the average American is in more debt than ever in history. Why is the economy the way it is right now? The average American has about 6.5 credit cards on average with the average household using about 14 credit cards. Record breaking bankruptcies are occurring more often than we'd like, debt for credit cards and loans are topping $1.8 trillion while mortgage debt is topping $6.7 trillion.
20 years ago, bill collectors were out collecting about $73 billion in overdue debt. This year, bill collectors are going for more than $2 trillion!
There is a very good chance that you have at least one credit card in your wallet right now. The decision to take control of your credit can mean the difference between having a no interest car loan for 5 years or having a high interest car loan that you will be stuck with for the rest of your life!
There are some key factors to determine if you are in trouble with your debt and also some solutions to help out.
You pay with your card at places where you used to pay with cash for things like groceries or food:
Leave your credit cards AT HOME. Do not put small transactions on credit, they will definitely add up! Stop using your credit cards immediately and start slowly paying them off! You have no idea how much debt you owe:
Find out! Start figuring out how much you owe and to who. Track everything down and pay each company off. It will be difficult at first but it will definitely be worth it in the end.
You put off paying your utility bills and other necessities to pay off high credit card debt:
- Work with the credit companies. They don't want to send your debt to collectors if they don't have to because they want to get paid back for the money they lent you. If you are in a bad situation, call them and talk to them. They don't mind if it will take you longer to pay them back and you need a payment plan.
As long as they get their money, your debt won't go to collectors and everybody is happy. Always call your credit card companies, they will do their best to help! If you call and the first person doesn't help you, call them again! I guarantee somebody will!
Eric has been writing articles about Internet Marketing for years. He is a contributor to Secrets of Osiris which gives techniques for creating an effective squeeze page and landing page.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The role of AI in finance
- Adsense Pros And Cons
- Places You Can Save Money For Your Family
- Best ways to make money in 2019
- 5 Credit Hacks to Boost Your Credit Score Fast
- How The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Works For You
- Real Estate Outlook May 2019
- What Your Dad Never Told You About Income Investing: Q & A
- Looking for interests from your investments? Intus Life!
- How To Get Wholesale Houses In 7 Days or Less
- Life Settlements: The Option of Selling Unwanted Life Insurance
- Do Stock Market Numbers Really Matter?
- Real Estate Outlook May 2018
- Harnessing Stock Market Volatility
- Real Estate Investment Outlook
- Health Insurance A Must For Everyone
- Managing The Retirement Income Portfolio: The Plan
- 5 Reasons to Hire a Financial Planner
- Why Retirement Planning Is Important
- Florida Online Deed Sales - 2017
- How to make money: 11 tips to learn how to invest your capital
- How Can You Build A Bigger Pension?
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Millionaires of the 21st Century
- Finding the Good Real Estate Deals
- Only Action Will Create Wealth
- The Global Reset
- Commodity Prices Have Crashed
- What the Wealthy Do Different
- Reasons To Make An Effort Having A Home Budget Plan
- Financial Plan is Important So Why Many of us Don't Have One?