- Author Leyla Useini
- Published September 27, 2010
- Word count 389
When someone mentions the Italian cuisine, immediately all we think is about their delicious pizzas and pastas. Yes, Italian pizza is well –known all over the world, but Italian cuisine is not just all about pizzas. The main reason for the popularity of Italian food is their taste, and is delicious. The secret lies in the quality and the freshness of the ingredients that they use in making this marvelous food.
Lets look little bit in the history of Italian kitchen. The Italians believe that their nourishing and tasty food was borrowed from the Greeks. The regular meals consists food prepared with chickpeas, dry figs, lupines, salted and dry fish, pork, pickled olives. On special occasions such as weddings or festivals different delicacies were prepared. A few dishes from the Italian cuisine belongs also to Magna Graecia and this include honey sauces, sweet meats made from almonds and walnuts, soups and meats made in vinegar.
It’s interesting that sumptuous feasts were associated with ancient Roman nobles.
In many countries is common to eat a good salad as entrance, but not in Italy, they eat the salad as a side plate for the second dish. We can find tourist restaurants in main cities that propose rich salads for the tourists, but don’t expect an Italian to ask for one, because they’ll never do it.
A traditional Italian meal will consist of the following courses:
• Anti – Pasto: this consists of hot and cold appetizers.
• Primo: this has dishes like pasta, risotto or even soup. This is the first course.
• Secondo: this consist the main dish of fish or meat.
• Contorno: this is the side dish of salad or vegetables. A traditional Italian menu will feature salad after the main course.
• Dolce: this is the desert course.
• Caffee: here you will be served a cup of espresso.
• Liqueurs: this course is also referred to as the "Coffee Killer "where you will be served grappa or amaro.
If you want to learn how to cook this tasty Italian food you could start with playing the cooking games which offers you by playing and having fun also great tips about cooking, serving and decorating the food. So have fun and learn some great and delicious recipes at the same time. Enjoy!
For more informations visit our site http://www.play-cooking-games.com/
I am born and raised in Bitola, Macedonia. I study languages and I write about things that are of great interest to me and my peers. For more informations visit our site http://www.play-cooking-games.com/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Kitchener Meat Grinder Features - What to Look For
- What is The Purpose of Food Testing?
- The role of flax seeds in disease prevention
- How to Storage Loose Leaf Tea
- What Are The Common Foods That Causes Food Allergies
- The Rise of Pop-Up Restaurants and Bars
- Why does Pu-erh tea select Yunnan big leaf
- Differences between raw pu-erh and cooked
- Bagel Sliced Bread
- Henderson County Vineyards
- What to have for Dinner
- How meat re placers affect the beef industry.
- Creative Cakes: Mint, Cookies and Cream!
- Why Vegetarian?
- Best Places to Eat Pizza
- Using modern cleaning systems to increase beer line cleaning intervals
- A True Chicago Dining Experience
- Wellington and York Partners: Food Products You Shouldn’t Miss in Switzerland
- 10 difference between US and Italian pizza
- Build your own pizza to make it healthy and nutritious
- Natural Mineral Water An Elixir For Dehydration
- Choose Natural Mineral Water- Choose Your Health
- The Benefits of Eating Grass-fed Beef and Pastured Pork
- 10 Drinks to avoid when you’re 40
- Setting the Record straight on Meat Health
- Almond oil and its properties
- Use Water Dispensers and Routines to Lose Weight
- 3 Common Issues with a Water Cooler Dispenser
- 4 Great Food Options for Overcoming Hunger Pangs When Dieting
- Aussie Natural Spring Water