Removalists – Relocation Tips
- Author Craig Page
- Published August 16, 2010
- Word count 790
When choosing international removalists or an interstate removalist company, there are a number of factors that differentiate one company from another. Certainly local knowledge is important but having a removalist that can cover all aspects of your move and provides you with a "one company" relocation gives you the confidence you need that your belongings will be secure and arrive at your new home safely.
Some of the factors that you should consider at your point of origin are:
Prior To Your Move:
Relocating your home, particularly if you are moving internationally or interstate can be a new experience. Most people don’t really know all the things they need to consider to manage their move successfully. Making certain that you don’t forget anything will help make your move as stress free as possible.
Removalists that provide an in home visit from an experienced consultant will help you in many ways. They will provide you with a checklist of things you need to do. They will discuss and identify any special packaging and transportation requirements tailored to your situation.
They will discuss with you other services that may assist you. These will include packaging needs, transit options, transit insurance, storage of your belongings both at you origin and destination, vehicle transport, pet transport, house cleaning, assistance with finding homes, schools and other relocation services.
Some people like to pack their belongings themselves. Your removalists should be able to provide an option to have your belongings professionally packed or "owner packed". Be aware however that in some cases, transit insurance may not be available for "owner packed" belongings.
If you choose to have your belongings professionally packed, a team leader should be assigned to manage your move. It is important that packaging be completed on-site, not taken away and repacked. This will help ensure that nothing is lost and you have confidence in the methods that your goods have been packed. Some key points to note are that your removalist has fully trained teams and that the wrapping techniques provide maximum care for all items. For example:
Fragile items require innovative techniques such as tube wrapping in tissue paper, craft paper and corrugated cardboard.
Paintings should be individually wrapped then packed into flat picture packs.
Smaller cartons should be used for books, CDs and DVDs to minimise handling weights.
Flat linen cartons protect bed linen and general clothing.
Suits and gowns are packed in custom designed hanging cartons.
Some items such as plasma TVs require specialist care and purpose made packaging.
Heavy duty plastic is used to protect lounges and mattresses from dust and damage.
Furniture covers, custom made will protect household furniture such as lounges.
Rugs are to be rolled, secured and wrapped to avoid creasing.
For high value items, special crates can be built for purpose for maximum safety.
On completion, all your packaged items are labelled and numbered so that they can be cross checked at your destination.
The goal of a reputable removalist is to relocate your goods promptly, safely and with the least amount of inconvenience to you.
The transit options to consider are:
Containerised transport by road, rail or sea. Having containers eliminates the unnecessary double handling of goods and is safe and cost effective. Custom built containers too can be specially built and tie rails are used to secure loads and prevent any movement.
Purpose built furniture vans are specially equipped for the sole purpose of transporting household goods.
It is best to directly load your belongings at your residence. This minimises the number of times your goods are handled which in turn, reduces the risk of accidental damage.
You may even need some goods to be air freighted if you need them at your destination quickly.
Sometimes it may be necessary to store your belongings before your relocation or they may remain at your origin if you have a corporate relocation. It might be short or long term, but storing your goods at a purpose built facility with the right equipment provides you maximum safety and security.
If you need storage, consider the following:
Are the storage modules custom built?
Does the facility have kiln-dried storage modules to prevent condensation?
Is each consignment isolated from other people’s belongings?
Is there 24 hour security and is the facility alarmed and electronically monitored by external security specialists?
Whether you have a local, interstate or international move, having an experienced specialist removalist company gives you a full range of service options to meet your needs. The confidence you have in your removalist starts from your first meeting with your relocation consultant and having a plan in place that helps you manage your move as easily and comfortably as possible.
There are no posted comments.
- Guelph home sales drop 70% as the real estate machine comes to a grinding halt
- 5 Steps on How to Declutter Your House for Sale
- The Best Real Estate Agent In Mississauga
- When to pour your polished concrete
- COVID-19 and Guelph’s real estate market. Where do buyers and sellers stand?
- How To Trust Your Real Estate Agent in NYC
- 5 Reasons why living in a doorman building in NYC is worth it
- 5 Great Luxury Apartment Buildings in Manhattan You Should Know
- Understanding NYC Real Estate Terms to Your Advantage
- How To Price Your Inherited Home In Philadelphia For Sale
- Purchasing A Home In Villamartin
- What Are Tensile Structure Fabric and Frame Materials
- Finding Luxury Rentals in NYC
- How To Buy A House in Scotland
- Sell Your House In Los Angeles
- The Importance of Real Estate Photo Editing Outsourcing
- The Importance Of An Inventory For Both Tenant And Landlord
- How to Identify a Qualified Commercial Broker?
- How Much Does It Cost To Sell a House in Scotland?
- How Much Does It Cost To Sell a House in Scotland?
- Tricks Of The Trade For Crafting Compelling Real Estate Copy
- Fire Detection System Protection for Real Estate
- Why do Tech Start-up Companies Love the Triangle?
- Utah Land Development
- Reasons To Hire Professional Cleaners For Bond Cleaning Services
- 3 Tips for Buying Hunting Land
- How to Use Castor Oil For Hair Growth
- Advantages of Working with Quality New Jersey Pool Installers
- Ideas & Inspiration Inground Pool Contractors
- Benefits of Diamond Brite Pool Plaster