Be a High-Flying Stunt Pilot at Dollywood
- Author Jim Watson
- Published October 14, 2010
- Word count 560
By Jim Watson
Before there were video games or iPhones, before television captivated audiences all over the world, barnstormers were a favorite distraction for rural Americans looking for some entertainment. Stunt pilots would roar into town, buzz the local businesses to draw attention to themselves, and then head out to the countryside where they'd wait for the crowds to show up.
Those looking for a once-in-a-lifetime chance to fly in a plane, or who just wanted to see the amazing stunts these young daredevils performed were quick to follow.
Barnstorming may have fallen out of fashion as the Roaring Twenties came to a close, but in 2011, Dollywood is bringing barnstorming back with a bang! Fasten your seatbelts and put your trays in an upright position, because this is one flight you won't soon forget.
A Down-Home Take on an Old Favorite
You'll soar to dizzying heights before plunging at breathtaking speed towards the big, red barn on the Owens farm. Like a real barnstormer, just as you're about to collide, you'll be whisked into the sky again in a daring maneuver. But don't get too comfortable, because a true daredevil always has another trick up his sleeve. Before you have time to catch your breath, you'll be taking another pass at Farmer Owens' barn, flying faster and climbing higher than ever.
Located in the heart of Tennessee's favorite theme park, Dollywood's Barnstormer is a screaming good time for the whole family. Once you've had your fill of aerial stunts and high-flying thrills, though, be sure to check out the play area where you can get a close-up look at what a real bi-plane was like. And as on any farm of the era, you'll find a pig pen – but this one is filled with water for kids to splash in rather than mud for the pigs. You'll be transported back to a simpler time of family farms and ice cream socials, when a barnstormer showing up was cause for celebration for the whole town.
This fantastic new addition to Dollywood doesn't arrive until March of 2011, but it's sure to be worth the wait. The 81-foot pendulum arms will give 32 riders at a time a spectacular view of the park and surrounding countryside – if they can manage to keep their eyes open. With a budget of $5.5 million, Barnstormer is one ride you won't want to miss.
Fun for the Whole Family at Dollywood
A vacation to Dollywood is a treat for everyone, from toddlers to grandparents. Enjoy the magic of Professor Seymour Tricks, sing along with the top hits of the '50s and '60s at Dreamland Drive-In, or let the Kingdom Heirs lift your spirits with their four-part harmony and classic Southern Gospel music. If you're looking for more adventurous entertainment, head over to River Battle for a water fight that will leave you soaked to the skin and ready for more. For the littlest family members, Camp Teachittoomee is just the place for a special kid-sized adventure made just for them.
There's no end to the fun you can have on a trip to Dollywood. Just like the stunt pilots of the '20s who performed those daring barnstorming feats, Dollywood is full of surprises. From quiet country life to high-flying adventure aboard a whimsical bi-plane, everyone in your family will find something unforgettable about a Dollywood vacation.
Jim Watson is Owner of Timbercreek Cabins offering cabins near the Smoky Mountains. Vacation rentals are now available. Visit [http://www.timbercreekcabins.com](http://www.timbercreekcabins.com) today for a complete listing of cabin rentals. © 2010, All Rights ReservedArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking