All About Dove Dark Chocolate
- Author Alicia Mcwilliams
- Published October 25, 2010
- Word count 409
Dove is a chocolate that is made by the Mars company. They make both dark, as well as milk chocolate products. But, that is not the only types of confections that they make. They also market other products that include caramel, fruit and nut, and even ice cream bars. These ice cream bars were primarily only in the Chicago area until nineteen eighty five and then they became a national distributed item.
The company started in nineteen fifty six in Chicago with Leo Stefanos. He was any owner of a candy store that also sold ice cream and one day he saw his son run down the street toward the ice cream truck and thought is was very dangerous for his child to do that. He also wanted to have a place where children could get ice cream bars away from the dangers of the street. Therefore, he took his best ice cream blocks and cut them into little squares. He then dipped them into melted chocolate and would let them refreeze. These became an instant hit and people would come from miles around to enjoy his tasty, sweet concoction.
Mike, Leo's son, took over the company business after his father's passing and was intrigued by the amount of people directly in the Chicago area that knew of his father's creation and began to wonder if the folks of the rest of the country would feel the same way. The treat had become a Chicago favorite for many years and Mike decided to present it at the Fancy Food Show that was being held in Washington DC in nineteen eighty four. Suddenly, orders began to literally pour into the company from places around the United States. This set the company on the road to national attention and the Dovebar became a household name.
The company was sold to the Mars company in nineteen eighty five and they added it to their stable of the M&M'S and the Snicker's brands with tremendous success. Although the original chocolate bar was made with milk chocolate, they have since incorporated a dark chocolate type of this ice cream bar too. They also make both milk as well as dark chocolate candy bars also and these are also some of their top sellers. The company now has sales that are in the billions each and every year and it is probably attributed to the attention and care that they put into each product.
They now have two variations of the Dove dark chocolate candy bar and one has the standard dark chocolate incorporated into it while one is made with sixty three percent dark chocolate. It will certainly fill the craving. Find out more tips about Dove dark chocolate at http://darkchocolate.bestreferenceguide.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Kitchener Meat Grinder Features - What to Look For
- What is The Purpose of Food Testing?
- The role of flax seeds in disease prevention
- How to Storage Loose Leaf Tea
- What Are The Common Foods That Causes Food Allergies
- The Rise of Pop-Up Restaurants and Bars
- Why does Pu-erh tea select Yunnan big leaf
- Differences between raw pu-erh and cooked
- Bagel Sliced Bread
- Henderson County Vineyards
- What to have for Dinner
- How meat re placers affect the beef industry.
- Creative Cakes: Mint, Cookies and Cream!
- Why Vegetarian?
- Best Places to Eat Pizza
- Using modern cleaning systems to increase beer line cleaning intervals
- A True Chicago Dining Experience
- Wellington and York Partners: Food Products You Shouldn’t Miss in Switzerland
- 10 difference between US and Italian pizza
- Build your own pizza to make it healthy and nutritious
- Natural Mineral Water An Elixir For Dehydration
- Choose Natural Mineral Water- Choose Your Health
- The Benefits of Eating Grass-fed Beef and Pastured Pork
- 10 Drinks to avoid when you’re 40
- Setting the Record straight on Meat Health
- Almond oil and its properties
- Use Water Dispensers and Routines to Lose Weight
- 3 Common Issues with a Water Cooler Dispenser
- 4 Great Food Options for Overcoming Hunger Pangs When Dieting
- Aussie Natural Spring Water