The Benefits of Electric and Natural or Propane Gas Barbecue Char Grills
- Author Beatrice Mcpherson
- Published December 11, 2010
- Word count 609
There are two alternatives to charcoal fired barbecue char-grills are those that use either electricity, propane or natural gas. There are electric, natural or propane gas units which will fit on your kitchen benchtop or others which are large enough to cook for a group of people and are appropriate for outdoors. You will find on both of these kinds of grills a griddle plate that may be used for direct cooking and is ideal for cooking foods which can be high in fat for example sausages and hamburgers or food that may be either very small, thin, or awkward to control over the open grill. Both the gas and electric bbq grills save you the effort of building the fire and also cleaning up the ashes. Because most of these barbecue grills require only a brief preheating time, there is little waiting for the grill once the food is prepared to cook.
For some families, the choice of the electric BBQ grill is simply a matter of convenience. The only thing you need to concern yourself about with a electric grill is a power outlet to connect to. Then its simply waiting a few minutes to allow for preheating then you can start cooking. There is no fighting to get the charcoal to start burning or lugging bottles of propane to be filled. You can get large electric grills that sit on a stand with wheels, there are also ones with hoods and volcanic rocks for that char grill smokey flavor. When you install these grills indoors for permanent use, its a good idea to locate them close to an existing range hood if they do not have there own.
With these barbecue gas grills you can also have special briquette-shaped material, such as volcanic rocks, above the burner to radiate heat evenly. When meat juices drip on the hot lava rock briquettes, the meat is flavored be the smoke that rises and penetrates the food being cooked. It's the smoke - not the use of charcoal - that gives food an authentic "barbecue" flavor. Larger outdoor gas grills that use propane gas bottles or normally on a trolley type stand with wheels; natural gas units are mounted on a fixed pedestal and need to be connected to a permanent gas line.
From the two types of gas grills the natural gas grills are more practical as they save you the time and cost of having to drive to your nearest LP gas depot to refill your gas bottle and you will never run out of gas half way through a BBQ. Also natural gas is much cheaper and burns a lot cleaner then propane gas.
All good hardware stores stock the basic essential tools for barbecue grilling cooking. The most important is a long handle tong and fork so you don't singe the hairs on your arm when turning the food, next is a basting brush, butcher's knife, a apron so you don't get oil splashing on your clothes, slat and pepper shakers and sauce bottles.
Some other accessories you may want to include a hinged grill basket with long handles for holding and turning hot dogs or fish, some aluminum pans in various dimensions to use as drip pans under large roasts and when rotisserie food, a meat thermometer and a stainless steel roast tray is a must for roasting beef, chickens or turkeys.
When you've got a fire flare and your gas grill is powered direct from mains (natural gas) supply, shut off the supply at the mains, extinguish any open flame. if the smell continues, without delay call your gas provider or fire department.
We just review the best selling electric grills which have scored 4 star’s or more out of 5 by people that have purchased and used the bbq grill reviewed. We hope to make this decision simpler for by providing the pro’s and cons on each Gas Grill reviewed on this our website.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What is The Purpose of Food Testing?
- The role of flax seeds in disease prevention
- How to Storage Loose Leaf Tea
- What Are The Common Foods That Causes Food Allergies
- The Rise of Pop-Up Restaurants and Bars
- Why does Pu-erh tea select Yunnan big leaf
- Differences between raw pu-erh and cooked
- Bagel Sliced Bread
- Henderson County Vineyards
- What to have for Dinner
- How meat re placers affect the beef industry.
- Creative Cakes: Mint, Cookies and Cream!
- Why Vegetarian?
- Best Places to Eat Pizza
- Using modern cleaning systems to increase beer line cleaning intervals
- A True Chicago Dining Experience
- Wellington and York Partners: Food Products You Shouldn’t Miss in Switzerland
- 10 difference between US and Italian pizza
- Build your own pizza to make it healthy and nutritious
- Natural Mineral Water An Elixir For Dehydration
- Choose Natural Mineral Water- Choose Your Health
- The Benefits of Eating Grass-fed Beef and Pastured Pork
- 10 Drinks to avoid when you’re 40
- Setting the Record straight on Meat Health
- Almond oil and its properties
- Use Water Dispensers and Routines to Lose Weight
- 3 Common Issues with a Water Cooler Dispenser
- 4 Great Food Options for Overcoming Hunger Pangs When Dieting
- Aussie Natural Spring Water
- Healthy Living