How Blogging Came About?
- Author Amuro Wesley
- Published December 27, 2010
- Word count 546
If you have no idea what blogging means, the blog is a web-based journal similar to newspaper whereby you can find news and information much easier and faster.
That is apart from being just online diary for bloggers to record their experiences and voice their opinions on certain issues. In fact, blogging has played a key role in politics.
Before the birth of Blogger and Wordpress sites, there were digital communities and ecommerce services such as BBS, BiX, CompuServe, Email Lead Generation and Usenet. In the 90s when internet was first launched, they were running most of the operations via internet conversations and threads which served as topical connections.
Flashback further to 1983.
In that year, a guy called Brian Redman founded mod.ber. He and his associates posted interesting threads online. It was very similar to blogs due to their similar style of journal publishing. The threads had links to cool sites selected by a certain blogger.
But just 8 months later, mod.ber ceased operations.
As mentioned in the first paragraph, blogs are initially used as online dairies. The first blogger was Brad Fitzpatrick. In 1994 when I was doing my national service, his blog was a simple single web page which comprised of text, images and video. It was tranmitted live via Eye Tap software and old computer.
Nowadays whenever you look for information via search engines, some of those spider links will direct you to blogs instead of conventional websites. In fact most personal home page and even some corporate sites are now created from blogs which are much easier and free to set up as compared to websites whereby some business owners find paying recurring fees in web hosting and domain names to be a chore.
This whole idea was derived from a maverick journalist by the name of Matt Drudge. His online report is a very good example of how a news blog should look like.
From then on, people realized the importance of blogs not just as online diaries but as business and multimedia entities as well. All thanks to the creation and evolution of digital tools used to faciliate and update all blog posts as well as a wide variety of hosting and publishing services like Blogger, Wordpress etc.
The term blog was conjured from the word weblog into we blog. It eventually became a verb and noun.
Believe it or not, blogs play a key role in politics. Many politicians including ministers are using them. They placed their suggestions and views based on what they feel should be improved and settled quickly for the best interest of everybody.
From a business point of view especially internet marketing, blogs are the best alternate to websites. Not only they are free but are so much easier to set up even if you know nothing about html and do not feel like spending money on domain names and web hosting. That way you can save a lot of time and money and concentrate on just adding quality content.
Later when you really made money, you may consider reinvesting some of your profits into getting a domain name for your blog or transferring and elaborating the content into your site either through your efforts or freelancers which you can easily get at low costs.
Discover you can easily and quickly create your first video blog with my Video Blogging Cash Guide.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What is a session in Google Analytics?
- Who do digital marketing certification
- Surviving a Work-At-Home Environment During COVID-19 Crisis
- Top 5 Profitable Blogging NIche
- How to Use Blogging to Promote a Website
- Generate More Leads and Get Return On Investment by Using WordPress Web Site for Your Business.
- How To Write A Great Blog Post With CareerSteering
- Blog post Canada
- Steps To Create A Perfect Social Media Profile For Your Business
- Ways Guest Blogging Can Help To Increase Your SEO Rankings
- Content Marketing matter for all sizes of Businesses
- How To Unroot Android - A quick guide to unrooting with Samsung Odin
- Importance of Blog content for Every Business
- 5 things you need to consider before starting a blog
- Welcome to Anthony Morrison Blog
- 6 Tips to Make Your Blog Popular
- How you can easily create article using spinner tools
- Content Writing - Why You Need It And Why You Need It Now
- Five Things to Consider in your 2019 SEO Strategies
- CIW 1D0-621 CIW Web Design Exam Question Answer
- Taking care during Monsoon Season
- Create Your Own Forum With This New Private Communities Platform
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Android
- How To Develop A Successful Brand On Social Media
- Which kind of articles should be written on a blog dedicated to machine tools?
- 7 Trends Of Iot In 2017
- Why I started Groupcash.club - Mr. Vikram Oscar Joseph
- Three WordPress Steps That Will Make Your Blog Better
- 5 WordPress Tips That Will Make Your Blog Better
- Is Social Media Really Worth It for a Small Business?