Frozen Yogurt - The Healthier Option
- Author Mike Harlington
- Published February 5, 2011
- Word count 514
Families across the United States are finding that, when it comes to dessert, frozen yogurt is a healthy and delicious option. It can be served in place of unhealthy ice cream, and it's tough to tell the difference between the two. While eating fro-yo, as fans like to call it, alone probably won't make you lose weight, it won't cause you to gain weight like eating other fat-filled dessert items will. It's much lower in fat than other desserts, making it the better choice.
Frozen yogurt contains live cultures, which are a healthy type of bacteria. The presence of these live cultures in frozen yogurt make it much easier for people who are lactose intolerant to digest. People who have problems when eating other milk products often find they have no trouble with fro-yo because the cultures help break down the lactose. Your family and friends will be thankful for this since we all know about the side effects of a lactose intolerant person eating a milk product.
The live cultures in yogurt have also been linked to other health benefits. Doctors claim they help with joint and bone health, and there is ancillary evidence they contribute to a healthier immune system as well. Testing in these areas is currently under way but, one thing's for sure, eating this tasty treat in moderation isn't going to hurt you. Your body will thank you for adding live cultures to your diet.
One caveat...People sometimes read of the health benefits and think they can consume as much as they want to without worry. This is still a dessert item and, as such, it is still high in sugar. Consumed in moderation it is good for you, but if you eat too much it can cause elevated blood glucose levels. Consult with your doctor as to how much is acceptable for your body type if you're in doubt. Diabetics should be especially careful, as eating foods with high levels of sugar can have serious consequences.
The area where frozen yogurt steps above and beyond most other desserts is in fat content. While ice cream consists of close to 15% fat, fro-yo checks in at a much healthier level of less than 1%. This difference alone should be enough to make the health conscious family look into switching over. When you take into consideration the fact that most people can't tell the difference, there's really no reason not to. Your kids will still think they're getting their favorite treat, and you'll be able to sleep well at night knowing you're giving them something that's actually healthy for them. There isn't much difference in cost, so there's no worry of having to spend extra money.
If you have time, the best way to get frozen yogurt is to make it at home with a frozen yogurt machines. These machines are inexpensive, and can whip up enough fro-yo to feed your family in less than 20 minutes. All you need is some yogurt, sugar and your favorite toppings or flavors and you can make it in the comfort of your own home.
Get a frozen yogurt machine and make your own homemade frozen yogurt today.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure
- 10 Top Solid Nourishments To Keep You Fit
- Pure Water Health Benefits