Peculiarities of insuring your car as a home-based business
- Author Marcus Stalder
- Published February 24, 2011
- Word count 550
When small business owners who have their home-based enterprises think of buying a new car that is to be used by the business, they always confront with the dilemma whether they need individual or commercial vehicle insurance. In many cases the coverage provided by personal policy carried by business owners provide just the right amount of coverage to have the vehicle protected. Still, for home-based businesses the picture might be quite different
Insurance experts agree that it depends on the exact purpose of your vehicle's use in the business. If you're a real estate broker, for example, and simply drive to work from home, taking clients with you on occasion then you don't need commercial auto insurance since your personal policy will be enough to cover any costs. However, if you have a regular delivery of products with your car or take passengers all the time as a part of your job then you will have to purchase commercial auto insurance, since the vehicle will be regarded as a part of your business assets and has to be covered respectively.
For home-based enterprises it's very important to have the third party liability limits in check in order to assure that both personal and business assets are covered properly. Because of this, the amount of your liability coverage and your deductible are the main variables that will determine the cost of auto insurance for your business. The larger is the amount of coverage and the lower is your deductible, the more you will have to pay for insurance in premiums. And don't forget about your yearly mileage, driving record and the list of persons who will operate the vehicle - these factors will also affect your insurance premiums.
In order to lower the risk for your business, your liability coverage limits should be higher with a commercial insurance policy as compared to an individual policy. As a business, you may be subjected to larger claims, because the other party involved in the accident can follow you both as an individual and as a business. Because of such vulnerability, car insurance quotes for commercial auto insurance tend to be higher when compared to individual policies with the same coverage amounts.
In case your business involves taking a lot of equipment with you while you're driving the car, and you also have a homeowners insurance policy, your equipment will have a certain amount of coverage. Still, in case if the value of the equipment is rather high, your car and home insurance policy can provide too little coverage, so you'll have to buy a rider and get additional coverage amount for your equipment. A typical business owner insurance policy will cover damage and liability in the amount of up to $10,000. If this is not enough to replace your equipment in case it gets destroyed, then you definitely have to buy more coverage.
Commercial auto insurance goes by the same rules as any other form of insurance. If you want to get better rates, you should check car insurance quotes and do some comparison shopping with different companies. However, keep in mind that you will have to get car insurance quotes with respect to your higher liability limits. Don't strip down the policy to the bare minimum as your business may depend on it.
To see what Marcus Stalder has written on different topics visit [http://www.compareinsuronline.com/articles/for-home-based-enterprises.html](http://www.compareinsuronline.com/articles/for-home-based-enterprises.html) and find him there. Marcus Stalder has dedicated his work to helping people understand better the subject he writes about.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The AI Content Revolution is starting without you!
- Advantages of Having a Home-Based Job
- Black Homeownership: How Past Inequalities are the Cause of Today’s Inequities
- UNITED Garage Door Repair
- There's Big Money In THE FACTS ABOUT NETWORK MARKETING
- Properties of Self Compacting Concrete Mix
- How to make more money from your investment property?
- Have you had enough of the daily 9 to 5 grind for little money and wondered how easy it would be to start an online business?
- 3 Ways to Profit in Lock Down
- How A Cup Of Tea Make You Millionaire/Rich?
- Transform Pic to Word and Create Personalized Photo Gifts for Special Occasions
- Turn Picture Into Words to Get Unique, Cool Gift Items
- how to rank youtube videos in 2020
- Balancing the levels of indoor humidity is crucial - HWisel
- How To Develop A Brand Strategy
- My Transitioning Story: Office-Based to Virtual Working
- Add Extra Charisma to Your Wedding with These Table Centrepieces
- Best Steps for Improvements in Commercial Real Estate Business.
- Commercial Real Estate Property - Halsey Real Estate
- Advice On How To Be More Successful At Blogging
- Advice For Your New Tech Blogging Business Is Here
- How to Become a Winemaker
- Three Basic Ways To Keep Your Oven Clean
- Reasons for Using Floor Screeds
- The Uses of Screeds For The Purpose Of Laying Final Flooring
- Why Hire a Waste Disposal Professional?
- Conservatories Essex Homeowners Love
- Some of the Things to Consider When Replacing Your Windows
- Home Depot coupons: Refresh your home space at price as you wish
- Mississauga Home Staging Rental Company