Acai Berry – Diet Plans & Anti Aging
- Author Christian Medford
- Published March 1, 2011
- Word count 435
Acai berry is one of the hottest nutritional supplements on the market right now. It is part of many popular diet plans, is used in many anti aging supplements and is used in many organic vitamins. The acai berry is even used in cosmetics and beauty products. So I'm sure you can see why the acai berry is so popular, but are there any studies that can show us that any of these claims to fame for the acai berry are true?
Before we dive into any lengthy studies, what is the acai berry? It is a small purple fruit that looks much like a blueberry. This berry comes from the acai palm tree of Central and South America. Much of the research has been focused on the amount of antioxidants.
Many of the studies about the acai berry are focused on it's high levels of antioxidants show that it has more antioxidants than other berries as blackberries, blueberries, cranberries, raspberries and strawberries. There are currently many diet plans that include nutritional supplements cranberries, but so far these studies are showing more favorably towards the acai than the cranberry. These same nutritional supplements are being used as anti aging supplements again because of its high levels of antioxidants.
Here is a little back ground information about antioxidants. By definition an antioxidant is an enzyme or other organic substance that is capable of counteracting the damaging effects of oxidation in animal tissue. Antioxidants are also known as a s substance that retards deterioration by oxidation of fats, oils and foods in a living organism.
So as you can see the acai berry being shown to have high levels of antioxidants and being that it is a fruit it can be used in organic vitamins, nutritional supplements, diet plans and anti aging supplements.
Diet plans are meant to help the body retain less of the fats and oils from our foods. So since that is part of the definition of antioxidants and the acai is a proven source of them why not take something as natural as a berry. Well at least it is not a mystery powder or a Ephedra supplement that makes your heart want to explode. So if you are taking nutritional supplements containing fruit for weight loss I would feel comfortable taking this supplement and assured of its safety.
Lastly if you are trying to cure the effects of aging, I make no promises that it will make you look twenty again. But I would feel comfortable taking anti aging supplements for assistance to help your body recover form the damages of oxidation.
So again I would prefer to try the non intrusive fruit acai berry in a anti aging supplement, before trying something as extreme as Botox or anything not so natural.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Lose Weight Easily Without Exercise
- Why Do People Fail On A Vegan Diet, While Others Succeed?
- Weight loss supplements really help you lose weight?
- Great Guide To Having A Healthy Body
- 8 Benefits of CBD Oil and Its Uses
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics