Antioxidants Quick Guide
- Author Christian Medford
- Published March 4, 2011
- Word count 396
Antioxidants are chemical compounds that bind to free radicals preventing these radicals from damaging healthy cells.
Benefits of antioxidants
A free radical is naturally produced in the body during regular metabolism of amino acids and fats. Free radicals are unbalanced molecules that are without restraint reacting and destroy healthy cells. Binding too the structure of DNA and altering it, leading to change and eventually to cancer. In addition to cancer, this free radical stress on the cells can lead to heart, eye, and neurological diseases.
The body naturally produces glutathione, lipoic acid, and CoQ10, but these antioxidants decline with age. Vitamins C and E are not produced by the body though necessary antioxidants that can be obtained from foods. The most common antioxidants are the vitamins A, C, and E.
Antioxidant vitamin supplements are useful in many ways in when attempting to fight off cancer. They may improve the effectiveness of treatment of cancer, decrease radiotherapy, and even prevent some types of cancer. Studies have shown that high in antioxidant foods like fruits and vegetables can decrease the risk of many types of cancer. They are high in anti-oxidants are high in vitamins A, C, E, lycopene and beta-carotene. Other studies also found that cancer patients
have lower levels of anti-oxidants in their blood.
The oxidation of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL) or bad is vital in the progress of fatty buildups in the arteries. This buildup can lead to heart attacks and strokes. LDL cholesterol effects could be prevented by using antioxidant supplements and antioxidant foods. Scientific evidence supports a diet high in antioxidant foods and other heart-health foods, or antioxidant supplements to reduce risk of cardiovascular disease.
Oxidative injury can harm many parts of the body, but the brain is extremely vulnerable. Antioxidants are commonly used as treatment of a wide range of forms of brain injury. By no means does that mean that they will cure brain injury or prevent them either, but it will assist in the prevention of or after affects of brain injury. It is even being studied for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
Conclusion of why you should take Antioxidants
In conclusion, taking antioxidants helps protect your body on a cellular level, by fighting off free radicals and healthy cells. They can be found in foods high in vitamins A, C, E, lycopene and beta-carotene.
So as you can see they can be easily added to your daily diet, taken in some health vitamins, organic vitamins, nutritional supplements or even the best multivitamin daily to increase your overall health and help protect your body from every day infections and sickness.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure
- 10 Top Solid Nourishments To Keep You Fit
- Pure Water Health Benefits
- "The Year of the Vegan"