L-Carnitine Quick Guide
- Author Chrisitan Medford
- Published March 4, 2011
- Word count 457
Carnitine, better known as L-carnitine is an amino acid derivative which is made by the body and is used in energy metabolism and for breakdown of fats. This amino acid brings fatty acids into the mitochondria (powerhouses of cells).
Carnitine vitamin supplements purpose is to give an energy boost; converting the bodies’ fat to fuel while elevating the enzymes used to metabolize sugars, starches, and other carbohydrates. When there is an activity that uses large amounts of energy such as pregnancy, breast-feeding, weightlifting or even casual exercising can benefit from its supplementation because it minimizes lactic acid. Lactic acid is the culprit for the burn felt inside the muscles after extreme use. The minimization of lactic acid can enable exercisers to gain without the pain or for a pregnant women, it can help alleviate some pain in the change of her body during pregnancy.
L carnitine can also benefit the brain with the creation of a neurotransmitter known as acetylcholine (acetyl l carnitine or acetyl carnitine), these neurotransmitter are essential for the brain and nervous system to function properly. The antioxidant qualities help to neutralize free radical damage in the brain. These functions have shown to keep the brain healthy and can reduce the chances of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, but it has not a cure for either. If there is a family history of Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s, you might want to consider adding this to your diet by taking nutritional supplements; you could call it food for the brain!
People that are obese have shown to have lower levels of L-carnitine. The opposite can be said of people with high metabolism, considering that one of its primary functions is to turn fat into energy. It would only make sense that that people with high metabolisms have higher levels. It is not used widely as a diet supplement, because it will usually increase muscle mass too.
Speaking of muscle, the heart is the bodies’ most important muscle that receives about 65% of its energy through the metabolism of fatty acids. There is data that suggests L-carnitine can help angina, hardening of arteries, heart failure, post-heart attack survival, and other cardiovascular problems. Doctor has not yet prescribed this as a fix to any heart symptoms, but can be taken as a supplement to treat, though asking your doctor is suggested.
Conclusion of why you should take Acetyl L Carnitine
In conclusion, taking Carnitine is easy and inexpensive ways to supplement your health, metabolizing sugars, starches, and other carbohydrates. It turns the fatty acid in the body in to energy. We each have different needs and it is important that you look in to and get the best multivitamin or supplement for your specific need.
So as you can see this can be easily added to your daily diet, taken in some health vitamins, organic vitamins, or b itself daily to increase your overall health and help protect your body.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure
- 10 Top Solid Nourishments To Keep You Fit
- Pure Water Health Benefits
- "The Year of the Vegan"
- How A Great Fat Loss Program "Over 40 Ab Solution" Is Beneficial?