The best Natural Cosmetic Ingredients for 2010
- Author Dale Candela
- Published March 8, 2011
- Word count 564
The best Natural Cosmetic Ingredients
Pierce Mattie, the PR group for a lot of beauty companies, has its own list of top 10 cosmetic ingredients for 2009. According to the company, In 2009 the focus will no longer just being about green or all natural, but about specific ingredients and their benefits. Here’s a look at the ingredients that made the list:
Argan Oil: This incredible skin care miracle, known for being one of the richest natural sources of Vitamin E with 80% essential fatty acids, has been a beauty secret of Moroccan women for centuries. It can be dually used on skin and in hair for its high level of antioxidants and ability to replenish hair and skin’s natural moisture.
Acai: Sometimes referred to as "The Fountain of Youth," this Brazilian berry(Acai Berry) contains antioxidants, amino acids, essential omegas, fibers and protein that positions itself as a formidable fighter in anti-aging products. Acai can be found across the board in skin care, cosmetics and hair care products.
Goji Berries: This nutrient-rich berry, well known as Wolfberries in the Himalayas, has often been called a "super food" due to its abilities to fight free radicals and boost the immune system. While there are no inherent benefits of Goji in fragrance, that hasn’t stopped perfumers from including this sweet yet tart scent into their perfumes.
Baobab: Rich in riboflavin, niacin and vitamins C, A, D and E, baobab has incredible anti-aging properties although you won’t just find it in creams and moisturizers, but also in exfoliating scrubs and hair care.
Acerola: Ingredients high in vitamin C, like acerola, are being used more often due to their ability to even out skin tone and brighten complexion. Skin care brands will be using acerola more to target those who have issues with skin redness and inflammation.
Blueberry: Chock full of amino acids, vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids, blueberries are another super food that will be used to fight aging in beauty products. Also known as a "super fruit," blueberries have long been known for its ability to revitalize the skin; it was just a matter of time before beauty brands began to incorporate it more into their skin care products.
Probiotics: Last year Pierce Mattie PR termed probiotics a "buzzword" among beauty brands, but now those brands are delivering more than just buzz with this sister category to cosmeceuticals and nutraceuticals. Probiotic skin care will be branded as another "clinical-like" line of products, which beauty consumers tend to lean towards as science-based.
Palmitoyl Tripeptide-3: This cosmeceutical that is becoming found more often in anti-aging products to fight fine lines and wrinkles will be even more prevalent in 2009. Products that contain palmitoyl tripeptide-3 will be branded as a temporary alternative to cosmetic procedures.
Myrrh: With the increasing popularity of Ayurveda in the U.S., this ancient ingredient is also resurging in perfumes and skin care products. The rich royal resin with the slight vanilla fragrance so popular in incense also stimulates circulation and has lifting effects.
Turmeric: A highly regarded ingredient in India, Turmeric is widely known for its medicinal properties. Turmeric will be found in acne-related creams and lotions, as it is an antiseptic and can aid in preventing and removing blemishes. It will also be found in hair removal products as well as in the formulation of sunscreen in more natural products as well.
There are no posted comments.
- Great Guide To Having A Healthy Body
- 8 Benefits of CBD Oil and Its Uses
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure