Top 10 Tips for Making a Humour Website That Will Earn You Money
- Author Jon Michaelson
- Published March 26, 2011
- Word count 798
Are you always thinking that you want to make money online?
Do you have the enthusiasm to do it, but don't know what to do next?
The web site College Humour was recently valued at $1.40 million and brings in over $1400 a day. That's not bad for a site that started off displaying a small collection of silly jokes to be shared among college friends.
Read my top 10 guide and I'll show you how to make money by setting up a quick and simple humour Blog.
The key steps I'm about to give you will result in you being able to create a photo blog that is going to be very funny and captivating for your viewers, and also make you money.
Decide on a niche humour topic for your site. For example, I chose to create a blog with photos of people doing embarrassing and funny dancing. You might want to do yours on amusing celebrity photos or funny pets.
Decide on a good name for your blog. Have fun trying to think up catchy names which are relevant to your the type of humour which you want to use in your blog. In the example above, I called my site 'Embarrassing Dancing'.
Create your free blog. You can do this by going to Blogger.com and signing up. Simply click on the Get Started tab, and the wizard will take you through the simple set-up process. During this process, you will be asked to enter the name of your blog.
Obtain your funny photos. There are many sites that allow you access to their photos which you can use. Alternatively you could use your own collection of images, or make your own.
Create your first blog post. In your blog, click on New Post. You will be presented with a blank post template. Click on the Insert Image icon and select the photo you wish to upload. Once it has uploaded, type a brief description of the photo underneath the image. You can play around with the colour and style of the text if you wish. Now enter an appropriate title. It should be catchy and also relevant to the theme of the photo. Once you are done, click Publish Post. Congratulations, you have now got live content on your web site.
For an example of how your blog can look, take a look at the humour site listed at the bottom of this article.
Keep posting content. I recommend that you add one new post to your site every day. It will improve your rankings on the search engines and ensure you get loyal customers returning to see your new photos.
Get listed on the search engine sites. Once you have a minimum of five posts on your blog, it's time to let people know that you are out there. The quickest way to do that is get listed on Google. Do a search on the internet for "Add your URL to Google". Click on the first result on the page and you will be taken to a page entitled 'Submit your site' Enter the web address of your blog in the field that says URL. Ignore the comments section, then click Add URL. It might take a couple of days before the listing appears in Google.
Start earning money. It's time to put some adverts on your site and start earning you money. Go to the Dashboard section of your blog and click the Monetise tab. Now simply follow the wizard on this screen to set up AdSense on your account. AdSense will put adverts on your blog which will earn you money each time someone clicks on the advert.
Increase the number of visitors to your site. OK, so you have set-up your site, and you have your adverts, now you need the people to come and visit it - that's where web marketing comes in. The single most effective way to increase traffic to your site is to distribute your blog's web address around the internet. How do I do that, you ask yourself. The answer is simple, you post comments on other humorous blogs and websites, and at the bottom of the comment, you put in your web address. You can also include your web address when commenting on internet forums. Try and post your web address six times a day to different sites, and you will soon reap the rewards.
You've mastered the basics. You've now got the fundamentals under your hat, and you will have learnt a lot on the way. Take time now to do some research on the internet as to how you can refine and optimise your site. A good place to start would be a Google search for "how to optimize your blog for search engines".
For an example of a template for a funny photo website, take a look at http://embarrassingdancing.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What is a session in Google Analytics?
- Who do digital marketing certification
- Surviving a Work-At-Home Environment During COVID-19 Crisis
- Top 5 Profitable Blogging NIche
- How to Use Blogging to Promote a Website
- Generate More Leads and Get Return On Investment by Using WordPress Web Site for Your Business.
- How To Write A Great Blog Post With CareerSteering
- Blog post Canada
- Steps To Create A Perfect Social Media Profile For Your Business
- Ways Guest Blogging Can Help To Increase Your SEO Rankings
- Content Marketing matter for all sizes of Businesses
- How To Unroot Android - A quick guide to unrooting with Samsung Odin
- Importance of Blog content for Every Business
- 5 things you need to consider before starting a blog
- Welcome to Anthony Morrison Blog
- 6 Tips to Make Your Blog Popular
- How you can easily create article using spinner tools
- Content Writing - Why You Need It And Why You Need It Now
- Five Things to Consider in your 2019 SEO Strategies
- CIW 1D0-621 CIW Web Design Exam Question Answer
- Taking care during Monsoon Season
- Create Your Own Forum With This New Private Communities Platform
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Android
- How To Develop A Successful Brand On Social Media
- Which kind of articles should be written on a blog dedicated to machine tools?
- 7 Trends Of Iot In 2017
- Why I started Groupcash.club - Mr. Vikram Oscar Joseph
- Three WordPress Steps That Will Make Your Blog Better
- 5 WordPress Tips That Will Make Your Blog Better
- Is Social Media Really Worth It for a Small Business?