Learn How to Make Your Blog Sticky
- Author Janise Majette
- Published April 23, 2011
- Word count 532
Creating a blog, no matter what your topic is, is easy. The Internet has tons of free blogging sites that you can use to do it. However, without a stable base of loyal readers, it won't matter one bit how much work you put into creating amazing content or a beautiful site design. You need to put work into your whole blog if you want to make it sticky. There are a lot of reasons that a person will choose to visit a blog over and over again but trying to take on all of those reasons at once isn't a good idea. This is why the slow and steady approach to building blog stickiness is best; it allows you to grow alongside your blog.
Highlighting the posts on your blog that are popular is one of the best ways to turn your visitors into loyal readers. There's a good reason why these kinds of posts have gotten popular; existing readers like them because they offer quality content. Why would you allow this content to be buried deep in your blog?
Make it super easy for your visitors to read these posts by build a section of links for them in your site. In a way, you're showing your visitors what kind of content you offer and what they can expect in the future - a good enough reason for them to keep coming back.
Create a kind of an anticipation on your blog and have your readers want for more.
For example, if you create a series of posts on a certain or particular topic and see that your readers get greatly enthused about those posts and are interacting with each other about them, you can be positive that they are going to look for more content that is like that series. You want to create the sense of need in your readers and that is why building momentum is important. This gives them the incentive to subscribe to your blog and it increases your stick rate.
One of the best ways to increase your blog's "sticky" rate is to work on the branding that you do for your site. This can help your blog stand out from everybody else as the brand you create should be instantly recognized for its worth and value for helping people understand what your goal is about. This needs to then be infused into everything you use to make your image stronger to viewers like content, design and logo. This will build a unique selling point for your blog that can help you build your readership base.
To wrap up: the above article helps us understand that a simple blog can quickly be turned into a popularity magnet just by focusing on little things. While it will undoubtedly take some time to build a big readership and see big results, what matters most is making sure that as many people discover your blog as possible. If you can build a strong following for your blog and brand and are able to regularly offer your readers the kind of content that they really want to read, you can go as far as you want to go.
There are no posted comments.
- Surviving a Work-At-Home Environment During COVID-19 Crisis
- Top 5 Profitable Blogging NIche
- How to Use Blogging to Promote a Website
- Generate More Leads and Get Return On Investment by Using WordPress Web Site for Your Business.
- How To Write A Great Blog Post With CareerSteering
- Blog post Canada
- Steps To Create A Perfect Social Media Profile For Your Business
- Ways Guest Blogging Can Help To Increase Your SEO Rankings
- Content Marketing matter for all sizes of Businesses
- How To Unroot Android - A quick guide to unrooting with Samsung Odin
- Importance of Blog content for Every Business
- 5 things you need to consider before starting a blog
- Welcome to Anthony Morrison Blog
- 6 Tips to Make Your Blog Popular
- How you can easily create article using spinner tools
- Content Writing - Why You Need It And Why You Need It Now
- Five Things to Consider in your 2019 SEO Strategies
- CIW 1D0-621 CIW Web Design Exam Question Answer
- Taking care during Monsoon Season
- Create Your Own Forum With This New Private Communities Platform
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Android
- How To Develop A Successful Brand On Social Media
- Which kind of articles should be written on a blog dedicated to machine tools?
- 7 Trends Of Iot In 2017
- Why I started Groupcash.club - Mr. Vikram Oscar Joseph
- Three WordPress Steps That Will Make Your Blog Better
- 5 WordPress Tips That Will Make Your Blog Better
- Is Social Media Really Worth It for a Small Business?
- Get Entertained With A Huge Range Of Cool Sites, Fun Sites, Cool Videos And Free Games
- Freelance writer's earning source at Ybooth