Come Explore the Easter Arts & Crafts Show in the Smoky Mountains
- Author Jim Watson
- Published May 25, 2011
- Word count 484
By Jim Watson
In the Great Smoky Mountains, more than flowers bloom at Easter. Every spring, artists, craftsmen and historians converge on the Convention Center in downtown Gatlinburg, TN. They flock to this well-known event from all across the country to see the incredible creations of those who normally reside amidst the eight-mile looping trail named the Great Smoky Arts & Crafts Community. Every April marks the time for this annual Easter Arts & Crafts Show that features local talent.
Nationally Recognized Artisans Present Their Best Work
This yearly event is the brainchild of the Great Smoky Arts & Crafts Community. This creative village is comprised of the biggest collection of independent artists and craftsmen in the United States. Since 1937, their impressive work has made its home along the historic eight-mile loop: a Tennessee Heritage Arts and Crafts Trail with national recognition. From April 20 to April 23, 2011, everything you could ever consider worth displaying in your home, collecting or giving to a treasured friend can be found right here.
Wander alongside row-upon-row of colorful booths and displays. Talk to the artisans as they create small masterpieces in front of your very eyes. There is no smoke and mirrors here. The craftsmen stay true to their roots. The work, traditional in concept and marvelous by device, is all designed and produced by hand. It doesn't get any more American than this.
Find Every Type of Craft You Can Conceive Of
Whether you are a longtime fan or a newcomer to this showplace, you can look forward to original works and classic collectibles produced by whittling, chainsaw cutting, painting, sewing, casting, weaving and carving.
Gaze in wonder as clever fingers and hands produce unique gifts and treasures such as baskets, brooms, candles, ceramics and much more. Among other things, you can select from some of the finest silver jewelry and wearable handmade fashions, along with leather goods, artwork and candles. Think this is like every other show you have ever attended? Not so! The range of skills on display and the remarkable array of unique handicrafts produced will surely astound you.
Rare Art Forms on Display and for Purchase
For instance, the Easter Arts & Crafts Show is one of the few places you can observe and purchase scrimshaw. This ancient art form began with American sailors aboard whaling ships carving intricate patterns and pictures onto pieces of whalebone. Today, artists devoted to this tradition have taken over, engraving on various types of bone. This truly American art is rare, but available at the Easter Arts & Crafts Show.
This is where tradition lives on in the work of craftsmen, some of whom are now 2nd or 3rd generation. What are you waiting for? Grab your girlfriends, pack up the family or set up a church outing and head to Gatlinburg soon. The Easter Arts & Crafts Show happens only once a year, so make your plans now for a Smokies getaway April 20–23.
Jim Watson is Owner of Timbercreek Cabins offering lodging near Pigeon Forge. Cabin rentals are now available. Visit [http://www.timbercreekcabins.com](http://www.timbercreekcabins.com) today for a complete listing of cabin rentals. © 2011, All Rights ReservedArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking