Jason’s Deli Kids Menu Wins Parents Magazine Survey
- Author Jasmine Kyles
- Published May 30, 2011
- Word count 314
The Jason's Deli kids menu is now ranked number one in Parents Magazine. This is an honor that wasn't easy to achieve.
"We are honored and humbled by this award," said Joe Tortorice, founder and CEO of Jason's Deli. "As restaurateurs, we’ve challenged ourselves to do the right thing, which is feeding our kids and our customers’ children real, less-fooled-around-with food at affordable prices."
Parents Magazine editors were very thorough in their survey. While accounting for details like whether organic milk or antibiotic-free chicken were offered at the restaurants, they also looked for availability of online ordering, crayons, high chairs and more. The results proved that this kids menu is the healthiest around, with lower calories, fat, saturated fat and sodium. It features the highest-quality ingredients, like nitrate-free meats, organic produce and whole grain bread.
In 2004, Jason's Deli succeeded in removing all trans fats from the menu. Last year, it also become the only restaurant chain in the U.S. to ban both artificial colors and high-fructose from its menu. All items on the kids menu are served with organic carrots, apple slices, or a fruit cup as a side, plus organic milk or apple juice. Sodas were also removed from the kids menu in order to encourage young restaurant-goers to choose healthier drink options. It is apparent that for kids and adults alike, Jason's is always hard at work ensuring that the deli restaurant experience includes healthier dining options.
Parents Magazine conducted the Best Restaurants Chain survey, with the nutritious kids menu at Jason's Deli ranking number one. This is a prestigious national award for health and convenience of the dining experience. The survey considered factors like food nutrition, value, and stress-levels at more than 150 national restaurant chains. With Jason's Deli in the lead, the top ten restaurants will enjoy a feature in the magazine’s April issue, on newsstands beginning March 15.
For more information on the Jason's Deli Kids Menu: http://www.jasonsdeli.com/nutrition/jasons-kids-menu
Jasmine is a second-year student at the University of Texas at Austin and is pursuing a degree in Journalism.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Tips To Choose Child Insurance
- 21 Congratulations Messages On New Born Baby Boy
- John Deere Ride-On Toys for Children Manufacturing Peg Perego
- Benefits and Features of Parental Remote Control Ride on Cars for Your Child
- Choosing the Best Ride-On Toy for Your Toddler
- The Importance of Riding Toy Phase Tricycles
- Construction Ride On Toys for Kids
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Ride-On Toys for Kids
- 5 Ways Push And Walking Toys Can Help Your Baby
- An Open Letter to Young People
- Best 10 Essential Items You Need To Buy Before Bringing Your Baby Home
- The Benefits of Spring Camp - Why Sending Your Kid To The Camp Is A Good Idea
- Application of Coloring Books in Children's Education
- How to make your child's sneakers look like new
- Home Schooling Nine to Twelve Year Olds and Socialization
- Home Schooling Six to Eight Year Olds
- Home Schooling Three to Five Year Olds and Legal Requirements
- Home School: Teaching Your Child
- Why Homeschool Your Child
- How Can an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Help in a Custody Situation
- Three Key Considerations When Buying a Toy Chest
- How Creating Art, Videography, and Music Helps Troubled Teens
- How can Residential Treatment help Teens Turn Their Live's Around
- Amateur in the Kitchen
- The 4 Unique Ways That Playing a Musical Instrument Can Modify Your Child’s Brain For Success
- Fort Worth Child Custody Lawyer Explains Texas Parenting Plan
- Get Back in Shape With a Baby Jogger Stroller
- Modern Childhood: Are Virtual Pets a Game Changer?
- Children's Learning Toys Guide
- How to Make Sure Your Baby Ready for Potty Training