A Tour of Turkey is a Wonderful Experience in History and Culture
- Author Nanci Blavenstone
- Published June 7, 2011
- Word count 350
Turkey is an amazing place to visit and offers a lot of different options for different tastes. This country has an intriguing culture that is a mixture of East and West. Turkey also has a great history and there are plenty of ancient places that are great to experience.
The famous Constantinople is now known as Istanbul. This great place was formerly the imperial capital of many Empires including the Roman, Byzantine, Ottoman and Latin. For centuries Constantinople was the richest and largest urban center in the Mediterranean.
Istanbul is a mysterious and enticing city that has something to offer for everyone. There are many ancient sites to visit such as the Hippodrome, Hagia Sophia, Topkapı Palace and the Blue Mosque. You can also enjoy an excursion to the Princes´ Islands or take a local cruise.
The Grand Bazaar is a shopper´s heaven and interesting place to visit. Almost a town in and of itself, this historic market has thousands of shops and cafes. You can enjoy a Turkish coffee as you relax to the enchanting Turkish music.
The famous site of Mount Agri is another great place to visit. This peak is a symbol of Turkey and is the tallest peak in the country. According to the book of Genesis, Noah´s ark came to rest at this site.
Mount Agri is a snow capped dormant volcano. This peak was formerly known as Mount Ararat during the time of the bible. This symbolic place offers beautiful scenery as well as activities like skiing, climbing and mountaineering.
In central Turkey you will find the wonderful city of Cappadocia. This beautiful place consists of sculpted volcanic stones that have been shaped by wind and rain through the years. In ancient times, the residents of Cappadocia made their homes and structures inside these stones.
Although Turkey is not a mainstream tourist destination, I believe it is a hidden gem. A tour of Turkey will allow you to experience the amazing energy of its sacred sites. The beautiful landscapes, delicious cuisine, and mysterious culture all make Turkey a great place to visit.
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking