Acne And Skin Changes In Pregnancy
- Author Megan Prisco
- Published June 13, 2011
- Word count 435
All thanks to hormones your complexion may act up to during pregnancy. If you have had clear skin all along, pimples, acne, etc seems like unwanted guests. On the other hand, acne, pimples, etc prior to your pregnancy, your skin might just clear up. Irrespective of the situation, you can start by keeping your skin clean and moisturized. And if pimples, acne, start to appear, do not pick, squeeze, scratch or pop them. You make things worse for your skin by risking scars. Speak with your doctor if acne becomes worse.
Acne prevention pointers
Wash your face twice a day with mild cleanser. Exfoliate but do not scrub your skin.
Exercise to reduces stress, increases blood circulation and oxygen penetration to your skin
Do not squeeze, pop, scratch or pick at your pimples, as this can make the infection spread.
Drink adequate amount of water each day to help detoxify the body from the inside out.
Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables and drink loads of water to maintain healthy skin. Avoid sugar and refined carbohydrates
Avoid oil based cosmetics and clean your cosmetic brushes in warm soapy water.
Avoid exposing your skin to too much sunlight, heat or cold.
Avoid wearing tight-fitting clothing as it can trap sweat against the skin.
Apply lavender or tea tree oil on the acne affected area. These essential oils are natural antibiotics destroying a broad range of microorganisms and reduce redness, itchiness and stinging. Try a steam facial of boiling water mixed with couple of drops of tea tree oil. When you are finished, splash your face with cold water, to help close the pores again.
Cut fresh garlic clove in half and put it on the affected area.
Put a tsp of lemon juice and ground cinnamon on the acne.
Apply vinegar to the face with a cotton ball and let it sit for ten minutes and then rinse with cold water.
Lemon or any citric fruit are good natural exfoliates. Squeeze a lemon or citrus fruit into a bowl and soak a cotton ball in the juice. Apply the lemon juice to the face and then leave for 10 minutes before rinsing with cool water.
Beat one egg white and apply it on the face for 15 minutes and then rinse with cold water. Egg white with large amount of proteins and fatty acids replenishes the skin and tightens the pores.
If you see a pimple starting to break out on your face, rub an ice cube on the affected area.
There are no posted comments.
- Micro-Needling for Natural Beauty
- How do model gets flawless skin by platinum deluxe products
- Insomnia- A major sleep disorder in adults
- Can I make my lips bigger with permanent makeup?
- What’s the Difference Between CBD, Hemp, Delta-8, and Delta-9?
- How to deal with cracked skin around the heels
- Secret to Fast Weight Loss
- The Importance of Skincare & the Benefits of Natural Skin Care Products
- Why do I have skin tags popping up?
- Are skin tags and stretch marks related?
- Are skin tags and rash related?
- What are the best essential oils for skin tags removal?
- Why You Should Be Careful With DIY Teeth Whitening Hacks
- Tips for transitioning to natural deodorants
- Best CBD Oil for Anxiety and Depression: Top Brands of 2022
- Stars & Smiles: Hollywood’s Secrets to a Camera-Ready Grin
- 7 BEST SMELLING BODY LOTION THAT YOUR BODY WILL LOVE
- Hair Loss in Children: The Lasting Impression Treatment
- White Spots on Teeth: How to Improve Your Smile
- Massage Beauty
- Laser Hair Removal
- Vacuum therapy for breast enlargement
- Introducing Palm & Pine Skincare - Protection Without Pollution
- Squalan in the beauty industry is becoming increasingly popular
- Easy Way For Weight-Loss
- Best men’s colognes
- How to use Gua Sha and find the stone best suited to you?
- 4 Hacks To Get Rid Of Frizzy Hair
- 5 Benefits of Roller Massager for Face
- HOW TO GET KOREAN GLASS SKIN AT HOME