Selling Your Walgreens Gift Card
- Author Fred Redding
- Published June 15, 2011
- Word count 796
Have you ever received a gift card to a store you don’t do a lot of shopping it? This happens to all of us, in fact millions of American ever year receive a cards that will never be used. That’s right, millions of gift certificates and cards go unused each year. They end up being lost, accidentally destroyed, and of course the one we can all relate to they end up sitting around our homes gather dust for years. There are many reasons why we receive cards we will never use, we often forget to take them with us when we go shopping, we don’t like a particular store, or we have our eyes on another more tempting purchase. Whatever your reason is for selling your Walgreens card you are in good company, there are numerous methods available today for converting your Walgreens card into cash. In this article we will look at the top three ways to sell your Walgreens card, methods for selling your card online and offline are included. There are literally dozens of ways you can turn your card into cash but we decided to look at the methods that get you the most money back and take the least amount of effort and time.
Before you sell your card it is important to know what the cards balance is. If you do not know the balance of your card be sure to find out before you sell. You can check your Walgreens card balance online, look it up over the phone, or check the card balance at any Walgreens location. The easiest way to find out what number to call or website to go to is by flipping over the card. The back of the Walgreens card will always include instructions for checking the balance on your card.
Selling your unwanted cards has become so popular that a website has been created that is dedicated entirely to buying peoples unwanted gift cards. If you want to sell your Walgreens card just go to Giftah.com the website is easy to use and they will quickly turn your unwanted Walgreens card into cash. Its not just Walgreens cards that they accept, you can sell your gift cards from just about any chain in the United States. All you need to do is submit your card and you will receive payment by check or paypal (your choice) within 24 hours of your cards balance being verified. This is definitely the least time consuming method for selling your cards, when it’s all said and done you can turn your card into cash for less than 5 minutes of your time.
If you would rather sell your card locally or prefer to sell offline than you could consider using an online or offline classified service to find a buyer for your Walgreens gift certificate. Online sites such as Craigslist and Kijiji will let you post a classified ad for free, while your local newspaper or penny saver would be the best place to purchase a classified ad. Just remember not to spend too much on an ad, just because you post a classified ad does not mean your card will sell. If you do find a buyer from a classified ad you will then need to arrange a meeting to sell the card. Make sure you only accept cash for these transactions and only meet in a safe public area.
Finally you can choose to sell your card in an auction. The auction site that makes the most sense to use is Ebay. If you already have an Ebay account and are familiar with the way the auctions work then you are all set. If you do not have an account it will take around fifteen minutes to sign up for one, and about one to two hours to understand how the auctions work. There is also a feedback system on Ebay that helps users determine whether another user can be trusted. If you are starting out with zero feedback consider getting some feedback before you make a sale. Other users may not trust you enough to purchase your card if you have zero feedback or have just started using the site.
So there you have it, the top three ways to sell your gift cards. Each one has benefits and several have drawbacks it all depends on how quickly you want to turn your card into cash or how much time you are willing to invest in selling your gift card. Always remember that your time is worth something, even if you pay is low your time is valuable, consider this advice before selling your card and remember to maximize both your return and your time when selling gift certificates and cards.
Fred Redding is a freelance author based in Toronto, Canada. He writes for a variety of publications with a focus on Personal Finance, Prepaid Payment Cards and Credit Cards.
There are no posted comments.
- The role of AI in finance
- Adsense Pros And Cons
- Places You Can Save Money For Your Family
- Best ways to make money in 2019
- 5 Credit Hacks to Boost Your Credit Score Fast
- How The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Works For You
- Real Estate Outlook May 2019
- What Your Dad Never Told You About Income Investing: Q & A
- Looking for interests from your investments? Intus Life!
- How To Get Wholesale Houses In 7 Days or Less
- Life Settlements: The Option of Selling Unwanted Life Insurance
- Do Stock Market Numbers Really Matter?
- Real Estate Outlook May 2018
- Harnessing Stock Market Volatility
- Real Estate Investment Outlook
- Health Insurance A Must For Everyone
- Managing The Retirement Income Portfolio: The Plan
- 5 Reasons to Hire a Financial Planner
- Why Retirement Planning Is Important
- Florida Online Deed Sales - 2017
- How to make money: 11 tips to learn how to invest your capital
- How Can You Build A Bigger Pension?
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Millionaires of the 21st Century
- Finding the Good Real Estate Deals
- Only Action Will Create Wealth
- The Global Reset
- Commodity Prices Have Crashed
- What the Wealthy Do Different
- Reasons To Make An Effort Having A Home Budget Plan
- Financial Plan is Important So Why Many of us Don't Have One?