History and Tourism in Scotland
- Author Jackson Wrenchly
- Published June 23, 2011
- Word count 459
Scotland's location has been an important player in its social, economic and cultural development. I thought I'd introduce you to some of the things that make Scotland so intriguing as a global destination.
So what makes Scotland such a unique place? There is not just one part of Scotland that makes Scotland what it is today, the parts we all know and love at least. Scotland is a slow cooker which has developed over many centuries. Scotland has a really choppy history, the countries people, the range and sheer diversity of art and the culture and the countless other events turned feature which have created Scotland - a country, a nation with a deep, deep history and promising future.
Depending upon your preference you are probably looking have a short break in the city which you can use as a stepping stone out in to the countryside, mountains and numerous beautiful lakes around the country.
Scotland has a strategically location situated on the far outer of the continent Europe and is surrounded three quarters by sea which like the majority of the United Kingdom means it is subject to much variation of weather conditions both wet and rainy and warm and temperate.
In history, Scotland was always written as a popular place to visit especially amongst those looking for a romantic break (I suppose the same can be said today for those visiting the country). Scotland has a beautiful natural environment both unspoiled and some untrammelled. It's possible to have long walks and bump in to relatively few tourists (in areas like the mountains).
Scotland has a good reputation for exceptional quality cuisine and tasty local treats, though I personally not so keen on some of the local produces many of my friends and family couldn't live without them, I still eat them as a matter of tradition, in much the same way I would drink a pint of Guinness when I am in Dublin, Ireland.
Both Edinburgh and Glasgow are cities I have visited and have a fantastic transportation network providing affordable travel throughout. Accommodation varies in style and obviously price.
If you are looking to go further than the cities (which, let's face it you probably are) there are coach and rail trips which explore the entirety of the outdoors. Try and get those tickets in advanced though because they are generally cheaper (in my experience).
Edinburgh and Glasgow both offer fantastic city tours where you hop on a bus and explore the cities fantastic sites. Otherwise you could look at taking a cycle tour by renting a bike or even walking, walking or cycling allows you to cut straight to the attractions you actually want to see and skip those which will be of limited interest.
Reserve Travel Ltd are a city break apartments business specialising in both Self-Catering Apartments in Edinburgh and Self-Catering Apartments in Glasgow. Every apartment they list can be booked on the internet.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking