Virginia Beach Spring Break Vacations: Things to Do For College Students
- Author Jeremy Smith
- Published June 23, 2011
- Word count 463
Spending spring break at the beach is a rite of passage for many college students. One popular destination is Virginia Beach, Virginia. There are many things for college students to do on Virginia Beach vacations over spring break. Those staying at Virginia Beach hotels will find many activities in walking distance or within a short drive.
There are few places in the United States that have lighthouses. Students with historical or marine interests will want to check out Cape Henry Light. There are two lighthouses at the North End of the resort city. One is retired and open for tours. The other is an active source of caution for ships and watercraft in the nearby Atlantic Ocean or Chesapeake Bay.
There are several colleges and universities in the Hampton Roads, Virginia area that have Greek organizations on campus. Members of national fraternities and sororities may wish to visit or meet with members of other chapters. Some may have met through conventions and the National Pan-Hellenic Council. Virginia Beach student travel is a good time for them to connect. Spring break is also a good time for making new Greek contacts and longtime friends.
Water sports abound in Virginia Beach. The many tributaries of the Atlantic Ocean and Chesapeake Bay offer prime kayaking and canoeing excursions throughout the Hampton Roads area. While ocean kayaking is often reserved for experienced individuals, the Lynnhaven River, Chesapeake Bay, Lake Wright and Rudee Inlet are all prime waters for energetic college students. For those without their own kayaks, there are several places where kayak and canoe rental are available.
Most spring break vacations in this resort city involve fun activities after dark. Nightlife for the over-21 crowd involves countless restaurants and nightclubs throughout the resort city. Many establishments have outdoor seating on sidewalk cafes or overlooking the scenic Atlantic Ocean beachfront.
For those that yearn to smell the ocean air as much as possible before heading back to college, no Virginia Beach spring break is complete without a visit to one or more of the area fishing piers. One of the most popular is located at the North End. The Lynnhaven fishing pier offers visitors the chance to fish off the end or merely sit and enjoy the warm sun and pungent salt air.
The ultimate vacation almost requires some type of shopping. The Oceanfront, inland and Chick’s Beach areas are loaded with local shops for souvenirs, fashionable clothes and jewelry. The resort city has two indoor shopping malls and dozens of strips malls, as well. What makes these shops unique is that most of them are locally owned mom-and-pop operations. In many spring break vacation destinations, shopping is limited to national chain stores and regional department stores.
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking