Safely Buying Electronics Online
- Author Steven Apple
- Published July 1, 2011
- Word count 562
The act of buying electronics online might have sounded bizarre 15 years ago. Never mind the idea of doing business on the then-fledgling Internet. But who would want to buy something like a television, a VCR, a home stereo or a car stereo without carrying it out of the store?
Today, of course, buying electronics online is anything but unusual—it’s a fact of life. In 2009, online retailers made almost $900 million worth of sales on "Cyber Monday," the first workday after the Thanksgiving holiday and a day when people nationwide try to find good deals on Christmas and Hanukkah presents. While Cyber Monday is the, ahem, Christmas and Hanukkah of online retailing, the other 364 days of the year are plenty busy for the dotcoms—and for you!
Buying online is a great way to save money, in more ways than one. With gas prices skyrocketing, it makes sense—and cents—to stay home and shop from the couch. Beyond that, though, online retailers offer the best deals because they don’t have the overhead of traditional "brick and mortar" outlets. It’s easier to turn a profit when you’re not paying hundreds or thousands of dollars per month in rent!
So what are you waiting for? Get online and start shopping! Here are some tips for you as you begin buying electronics online.
—Know what you want: Sounds simple, but if you don’t identify exactly what you want before you begin shopping, you might end up with a lot more than you bargained for. Buying online tends to lend itself to more spontaneous purchases than old-fashioned shopping. It’s tougher to put stuff back when you’re not actually holding on to it! So know what you want to buy before you even fire up the computer and you’re more likely to find exactly what you want, at a great price.
—Research: The beauty of buying electronics online is that you can know all you want about the product or products you are buying online as you sit down to log on. The days of thumbing through a Consumer Reports to find out the pros and cons of a product are long gone. Simply enter the name of the electronic item you want to buy into a search engine and you’ll have all the opinions you can handle (and then some). Sure, you have to sift through a lot of material, but better to be too informed than not enough, right?
—Sample before ordering: Buying electronics online doesn’t preclude you from giving a television, a DVR, a DVD player or a Blu-Ray player a "test drive" at a local store. Once you know what you want, and whether or not it is worth the price you’ll have to pay, head out to your local retailer and check out the product. Seeing it in the flesh, and taking an up-close look at all its features is a vital step in the online buying process. You don’t want to order the electronic device only to find out you don’t like how it looks or that it doesn’t match the décor of the room in which it’ll be placed.
Buying electronics online is just as satisfying as buying electronic products at the store. So save some money - good luck, have fun and enjoy!
Steven Apple, General Manager of JustDeals.com, has worked in strategic business development, conceiving and executing marketing strategies for small and Fortune 500 companies for over two decades. Mr. Apple has implemented successful marketing solutions for the world's most respected media companies including the Walt Disney Company, NBC Universal Studios, 20th Century Fox and Warner Bros. Justdeals.com is a daily deal of the day web site with some exclusive deals that nobody else can offer.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- A Picture With Words: The Simple Living Biography Of Our Love Life
- Retaining Memories of Moments with your Baby through Picture with Words
- Importance of online shopping, don’t waste your time.
- Put Song Lyrics on Pictures and Pass Your Love Messages
- How to Lay Artificial Grass
- Drop Shipping for Dummies: Easily Start a Dropshipping Business Today
- How to find dropshipping products at B2B prices?
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm
- Insight into Asia's Tech Scene
- Tricks to run ESO as smooth as possible
- Shipping to Brazil: New Tax ID regulations
- Why Should Your Business Use Same Day Delivery Services?
- Some Challenges and Roadblocks faced by E-Commerce Startups in 2020
- A new technology based on Image Recognition is revolutionizing eCommerce
- A Quick Buying Guide to Understand What To Look For in a Tray
- 8 Common Dropshipping Mistakes to Avoid at All Costs
- Considering Kel-F ® PCTFE within Plastic Fasteners?
- What Is the Best Alternative to Facebook Ads for Dropshipping Businesses?
- How to make a Wrap Sleeve box for Packaging
- Checkpoints to Convert Your Web Site into a Marketplace?
- 5 Products to Avoid Dropshipping at All Costs
- How to Avoid the Facebook Ban When Dropshipping
- Your 3-Step Guide to Increase Sales with Seasonal Marketing
- Should We Focus on Aesthetics or UX When Designing an Ecommerce Website?
- Why Social Media is necessary for an Ecommerce Venture?
- Discover Hot Selling Toys and Hobby Products Online
- Ways to optimise an eCommerce store
- How to create your own brand with Chinese products
- How to track a package from China and be sure to receive it
- How to dropship with WordPress, the simple step by step guide.