Jamaica Villas Guide: Ocho Rios
- Author Karen Thompson
- Published July 12, 2011
- Word count 482
If you are planning a visit to Jamaica and you are not sure where to stay you can check out the Silver Sands villas, which provide the best of hospitality, services, facilities and comforts at the most affordable rates. Encompassing its own private white sands beach, these Jamaica villas provide convenient access to one of Jamaica's most sought out destinations and that is Ocho Rios.
Once a small fishing and banana port, Ocho Rios is today a world class destination. The most enduring image of Ocho Rios is the Dunn's River Falls. See the 600 feet cascading sheet of water and you will soon understand why. And you can plunge right into the water and be part of the action. People here form a human chain to climb the stone steps leading right to the top of the waterfall. The climb itself is much fun with someone or the other slipping and trying to maintain the balance. Reaching the top is well worth the effort for the sweeping views from here are to be seen to be believed. If all this action has left you satisfied but hungry, you can enjoy a meal at the picnic areas and then explore the surrounding tropical foliage.
While in Ocho Rios, you simply must visit Jamaica's premier marine park, Dolphin's cove. You are in for a whale of a time swimming with a family of Bottle Nose dolphins. The cove is surrounded by four acres of tropical rain forest and houses other interesting marine species such as rays, eels and sharks as well as tropical birds, like the macaw.
If it is a beach that catches your fancy, you can visit the Turtle Beach is great for water sports. In fact, if you want to make Ocho Rios your base, you can stay in the Turtle Beach Towers apartments.
There is plenty more activities to keep you busy in Ocho Rios. If shopping is high on your agenda, you can check out the shopping plazas and a craft center where you can shop for local crafts. One such shopping center is the Taj Mahal Shopping Centre where you can shop for luxury items and great duty free goods. If it is more traditional Jamaican goods you are interested in, you can head to the Island Village Shopping Centre where you can find branded stuff, jewelry, hand made cigars, and the famous Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee.
The nearby Prospect Plantation is also well worth a visit, more so if you are interested in history. The plantation is still in working condition and you can explore it on horseback. You can also enjoy the views over the White River.
No matter what your idea of holiday, Ocho Rios will not disappoint. From great Jamaica accommodation rentals to spectacular scenic surroundings to plenty of opportunities for sightseeing and outdoor activities, Ocho Rios is a destination not to be missed.
Karen Thompson writes for Mysilversands, a company dedicated to providing quality accommodation in Jamaica rentals, villas, cottages, and apartments by the sea.
Karen is a frequent visitor to Silver Sands Jamaica.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking