Paradise for Trekking in India – Leh and Ladakh
- Author Anna Ruth
- Published August 11, 2011
- Word count 538
Leh is one of the popular destinations in India where one can enjoy the natural beauty. In fact, the dry barren landscape of Leh can make anyone relax and enjoy a healthy break from chaotic and busy city life. Also the famous Buddhist monasteries located in different parts of the city provides adventure lovers a sense of euphoria that they might never have witnessed before in their life. As Leh offers superb hiking and parasailing opportunities, adventurous people look for Leh tour packages to visit the place whenever possible.
Leh, the capital of Ladakh is surrounded by the Himalayas and as the place is a popular destination it is easy to find Leh Ladakh packages helping travelers to explore the place at the best possible manner.
Important things to see in Leh
During a Leh tour, one can enjoy various adventurous activities, like hiking, parasailing, white water rafting, trekking and more. The best way to enjoy the beauty of Leh region is by hiring a motorbike. The scenic beauty from a motorbike while one makes their way through Khardung La, the highest road in the world that can be covered by a motorbike is simply an experience to remember. In fact, there are many Leh Ladakh packages that offer motorbike traveling options too. Apart from the adventure activities there are also many important places in Leh that must be included in a Leh itinerary, like:
Palace of the King of Ladakh: This is the most important building in the whole of Leh region. Built in the 17th century, the palace offers some of the fantastic views of Leh.
Buddhist temples: Every nook and corner of Leh is full of beautiful Buddhist temples. However, the most famous ones worth visiting are the Namgyal Tsemo Gompa, Soma Gompa and the Karma Dupgyud Choeling. Most of the Leh packages include these temples in their itinerary.
Shanti Stupa: Built by a Japanese Buddhist group, this stupa is somewhat kitschy, but still worth a visit.
Pangong Tso: This is a beautiful lake in Leh with deep blue waters, surrounded by tall mountain peaks. Pangong Tso lies on the Indo - China boundary, with only one fourth of the lake being in India.
Best Route to Travel to Leh
Due to the volatile security situation in Kashmir, it is always a better option to take the popular route from Manali in Himachal Pradesh to reach Leh. Most of the Leh packages also prefer this route. The road opens around May when snow melts and closes again around October for the winter, but daily flights are available from Delhi for most of the year.
Must be healthy for Leh tour
Even if you do not get very sick, the thin air in Leh can be challenging, so it is important for you to make sure you are healthy enough to travel here. Before searching for Leh tour packages, it is advisable to go through a medical check-up.
To conclude, Leh is a busy holiday destination – especially in the summer, when the rest of India suffers from the monsoon but here it hardly rains and the weather is very pleasant for travelers. So, book one of the popular Leh tour packages and book your trip NOW!
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking