Plan an Unforgettable Trip to Gatlinburg this August
- Author Wendi Tunny
- Published September 9, 2011
- Word count 545
The Fourth of July is over and Labor Day is weeks away, but in the Great Smoky Mountains there are still plenty of events to keep your family entertained, whether for a weekend or a week. Enjoy the spectacular scenery and miles of ancient forests, see the history of the area through its music and crafts, or get carried away in a wonder of modern movie technology. Whichever your entertainment preference, you'll find it in Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and the surrounding areas this summer.
What Do Bubbles, Meatballs & Trout Have in Common?
Dollywood's annual celebration, Kidfest, runs from mid-June to August 7, 2011, and features some of the most engaging shows south of Broadway. The Gazillion Bubble Show lives up to its name, entertaining kids and grownups alike with amazing bubble artistry and special effects. Imagination Cinema plays host to Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, a movie experience unlike any you've ever seen. The moving seats and 4D action make you feel as if you've landed in Swallow Falls, where meatballs rain from the sky in the world's tastiest weather phenomenon.
Nature lovers will appreciate the vast wilderness areas that surround Gatlinburg, and there are a lot of opportunities to enjoy the clean air and blue skies. Just a short drive from Gatlinburg you'll find an annual fishing tournament made just for kids, the Talking Trees Children's Trout Derby. Anglers as young as three compete for prizes in this fun-filled weekend event. This year's competition will be even more entertaining as the famous Dock Dogs will be on hand for some high flying antics.
Fun and Games for the Grownups
For a real treat, be sure to check out Stringtime in the Smokies, a weekend of music and games hosted by the folks at The Old Mill Square that takes place August 5 - 6, 2011. On Friday, you're invited to bring your own instrument and join the jam session, or just hang out and listen. Try your luck at the cornhole tournament on Saturday for a chance at the $1000 grand prize, and enjoy some good old-fashioned bluegrass music in the evening. In addition to Stringtime in the Smokies, The Old Mill Square offers plenty of food and shopping choices, so plan to arrive early and make the most of your weekend.
The Gatlinburg area enjoys a well-deserved reputation as a premier shopping destination, and summer is the ideal time to grab some one-of-a-kind gifts for someone special. The Gatlinburg Heritage on Display Festival kicks off in mid-August and features many of the fine artisans who make this area truly unique. You'll find traditional crafts such as quilts, woven baskets, and pottery, along with whimsical artwork and hand-crafted toys to delight everyone in your family. Spend a day wandering along the eight-mile loop known as the Tennessee Heritage Arts and Crafts Trail, and before you know it you'll have your Christmas shopping done.
Don't let the dog days of summer get you down. Head for the Great Smoky Mountains and see a show, catch a big one, or soak up a little history. No matter what your idea of a great vacation is, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, TN have plenty to offer. Pack up the kids and head for the mountains to enjoy a fantastic family vacation this August.
Need a place to stay during your getaway? Wendi Tunny of Bear Run Falls offers affordable luxury cabins in Pigeon Forge within walking distance to Dollywood. Visit www.BearRunFalls.com. © 2011, All Rights ReservedArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking