Cheap Grand Canyon Bus Tours from Las Vegas
- Author Luke Plunket
- Published July 18, 2011
- Word count 504
Nearly all people are not aware that Vegas has a lot more to offer visitors than simply gambling, drinking and showgirls. Entertainment options are extensive and the natural splendor surrounding the city draws a lot of people to explore the great outdoors. Grand Canyon bus trips are used often by travelers who want to take a break from the hectic pace on the world famous Strip.
Companies located in Vegas offer package deals that come with transportation, meals and guided tours with stops at important sites en route for a more detailed look and photo opportunities. Routes, stops and destinations will be different according to company and package.
Travelers will go to their destination on a luxury coach with restrooms, padded reclining seats, and huge windows for easy viewing of the passing scenery. Many of the buses come with flat screen televisions and even DVD players.
The principle route from Vegas to Arizona features travel across the Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge, a structure that opened to traffic in late 2010. The bridge is among the highest in the world and supports a four-lane road almost 900 feet over the Colorado River. Riders will get views of amazing Lake Mead, cavernous Black Canyon and the legendary Hoover Dam from the bypass bridge.
All-day excursions depart early in the morning and come back to town in the evening. Most companies provide pick-up and drop-off service to most local hotel-casinos. Ample time is given at each site to enable everyone to leave the motor coach and look at the area on foot.
A tour to the canyon's West Rim could make a stop at Hualapai Ranch. The ranch offers a petting zoo, cowboy re-enactments and wagon rides. High Point Hike is a short walk to Guano Point where 360-degree views of the gorge stretch out as far as the eye can see. The Glass Walk at Eagle Point offers perhaps the most fascinating views of all. The u-shaped bridge has a glass bottom and juts out from the canyon wall. Native American guides lead visitors over the walkway, suspended 4,000 over the ground.
Mather Point is just one of many sites located on the canyon's South Rim. The visitor center has interpretive exhibits in the plaza area and a theater with an orientation film showing every 30 minutes. Picnic areas and a stone amphitheater are perched along the rim. Informal ranger lectures are presented in the amphitheater.
Yavapai Point is found at the northernmost point of the South Rim. The observation point there has panoramic views of creeks, buttes, the Colorado River, gorges and hidden canyons. Notable landmarks include the Shiva Temple formation, the Cheops Pyramid mesa with its distinctive flat top and a summit called the Isis Temple.
Visitors to Vegas can choose from various entertainment options and not all of them involve neon lights, dice and slot machines. Exploring the great outdoors is yet another item to include in the itinerary. Pick one of the many Grand Canyon bus tours and get ready to explore a completely new world.
Mr. Plunket is a world traveler who especially enjoys exploring Grand canyon National Park. If you are planning a trip to the canyon, he recommends this site for Grand Canyon bus tours.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking