Jamaica Vacation Information
- Author Karen Thompson
- Published October 31, 2011
- Word count 431
Jamaica is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, approximately 90 miles south of Cuba. There are many enjoyable activities and sights to see in Jamaica. This beautiful island country attracts singles, honeymooners and families from across the globe who come here to soak up the tropical sun and bask in nature's glory.
Places of interest in Jamaica
Jamaica is a world famous beach destination and true to its reputation, it has miles of beaches dotting the sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea. Apart from the beaches, some of the most popular areas for vacationers include Montego Bay, Ocho Rios and Negril. Those interested in culture and history can head to Port Antonio, the South Coast and Kingston.
English is the main language of communication. However, the natives combine it with African dialects and what has resulted is a language that is truly unique and decidedly Jamaican.
Jamaica has two major airports, Norman Manley International Airport in Kingston and Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay both of which attract flights from across the world.
You can choose between all-inclusive resorts, hotels and Jamaica villas. Of these, Jamaica villas seem to be the most popular with the visitors because they are definitely more affordable than hotels and resorts and secondly they combine the best of services and comforts with privacy and space that only a home can provide. These Jamaica villas are well-staffed, clean and situated amidst beautiful gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
Jamaica boasts a wide range of natural attractions from mountains to waterfalls to man-made amusement parks. Of course, no visit to Jamaica can be complete without seeing the house of the legendary singer-songwriter and musician, Bob Marley. Apart from his home, you can visit amongst others, Dunn's River Falls and the Green Grotto Caves in Ocho Rios. Then you can go trekking up the majestic Blue Mountains. Besides, there are historic plantations, museums, and parks you can explore and cultural events that you can enjoy.
Most activities in Jamaica center around water including swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, windsurfing and boating. You can explore the Blue Lagoon, Seven Mile Beach in Negril and the Luminous Lagoon.
Jamaica enjoys a year round tropical climate with temperature ranging from 66 to 99 degrees F. The rainy seasons are from May to June and again from November to December. The high season is from mid-December to mid-April, when the island witnesses an influx of tourists. If you are planning a trip during this period, it is advisable to book your Jamaica accommodation rentals well in advance
Karen Thompson writes for Mysilversands, a company dedicated to providing quality accommodation in Jamaica rentals, villas, cottages, and apartments by the sea.
Karen is a frequent visitor to Silver Sands Jamaica.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking