Celebrating Halloween On A Budget
- Author Lisa Moore
- Published November 16, 2011
- Word count 565
Halloween is coming up fast. Do you know what you are going to be? What about your kids? What kind of candy or giveaway item will you hand out? Will you hand out candy or another item? Do you want to throw your own Halloween party? How should you decorate your home? What about a theme party? Oh, it would be so fun. I would have a good time and so would my family…I hope. These are the thoughts running through my mind. Then I hit the wall. You know, the "how am I going to pay for all of this?". I mean, I want to have a good time, but is all the money it takes worth it? There has to be a way to do this. That’s when I come up with the idea to enjoy Halloween on a budget.
So, here is my plan of things to do. First, I will make an invitee list and stick to a set number of people to keep my costs manageable. Then I will send the invite via email or Face Book. Both of these options don’t even require a stamp and with the way we all use technology, I would probably get a response faster than a phone call from an invitation. In addition, I can see everyone who is attending, the dish they are bringing and basically manage the entire event all in one place. Next, the party will be potluck style. This way, I don’t have to cook everything and it gives my pocketbook a bit of a break. Besides I am sure my guest would rather eat a meal than candy all night. I would also consider avoiding alcohol and opt for blood-red punch of some sort. Maybe even add some fake eye balls or hand or something. By avoiding alcohol I keep everyone safe and sober, come-on, this is a family event. I would also look online for theme or Halloween themed items to help me decorate the house. There are several stores to consider. When it comes to costumes I could either purchase it online or make something with what I have in the house. I know many stores have deals if you do decide to purchase online, but it would be a cost saver if I could put something together with what I have. To add a little fun, I would have a costume contest and go to a discount store for prizes. For example, a scary looking pen for the scariest costume winner, a gag item for the funniest costume, you get the point. Instead of bobbing for apples, I could get little pumpkins and let the kids draw faces on them. When they are finished, they can add them to the party and then take them home as a little party favor. Of course, I would have some candy, but between the real food and desserts, I can avoid having bags of candy sitting around the house for a month. Besides, I probably eat more of the candy than the kids do.
Having this plan in mind is great because I can stay in the comfort and safety of my own home, but still have the company of all my friends. I am sure everyone will have a great time and the best part, my wallet doesn’t take a huge hit!
There are no posted comments.
- Does online shopping really make itself different?
- 6 Tips For When You Buy Coffee Beans
- What Size of Waist Trainer to Choose?
- Cheap VS Expensive Mattresses: How to Get the Best Value for Money
- 5 Ways To Reduce Your Electricity Bill
- Tips before buying reclining sofa
- How To Buy Diamond?
- Choosing the best glasses for your face shape
- How to choose the wedding dress in a few steps
- Birthday Gift Baskets
- What You Need to Know about the Best Grow Lights
- How to Choose the Best Grow Tent for Your Plants and Space
- How to purchase right Micro SD Card for the electronic gadgets?
- 5 Points to Consider When Choosing a Mattress from a Store
- How To Choose Satchel And Hobo Bag
- What Is Tinder? How to Find Members on Tinder Online Dating Site?
- How To Buy Layflat Slurry Hose
- Military Retirement Gifts Buying Guide
- There is a Shopify behind Every Online Shopping
- Best Carry-on Travel Backpack
- The Greatest Guide to Online Shopping Is Right Here
- Are You Shopping for Bed Linen -- Here Are a Few Tips
- Why a Cash Voucher can be A Perfect Gift for Your Loved Ones?
- 5 Star hotel pillows– A better way to sleep at night
- Select the best mountain biking jerseys and increase longevity with these tips!
- How to safely buy an used phones - tutorial
- Simple Tips for Car Enthusiasts About New Tires
- What beard suits you? Should you trim or groom it!
- Choosing the right projector to suit your needs
- Preparation, is it Worth the Price