Get a Taste of the Old World at Ober Gatlinburg’s 2nd Annual Oktoberfest
- Author Scott Tidwell
- Published December 2, 2011
- Word count 490
Each October in Munich, 6 million people dance, sing, and eat in celebration of Oktoberfest. It’s a 200 year-old tradition that has spread across the globe, and Ober Gatlinburg brings the best of Oktoberfest to Tennessee each autumn.
Hop aboard the 120-passenger aerial tramway for a stunning climb to the top of Mt. Harrison. The majestic peaks shimmer with vibrant oranges and reds as nature prepares for winter, and the sweet scent of autumn fills the air. Once you arrive, head for the resort’s restaurant to experience the food and fun for which Germany is best known.
Sample Authentic German Food and Drink
If kraut and sausages are on your list of favorites, then Oktoberfest is for you. Ober Gatlinburg serves up generous helpings of these and other German favorites every day throughout the month. Eat your fill of fried schnitzel, mouth-watering wurst, and tangy sauerkraut, but be sure to leave room for dessert. No Oktoberfest meal is complete without a bite (or two) of delicate strudel.
Live Entertainment, Bavarian Style
This year’s special guests, the Bavarian Fun Makers Band, will be on hand every day in October, so wear your dancing shoes and come ready to sing. Dressed in authentic Bavarian costumes, they’ll perform traditional German music, lead the crowd in rousing sing-a-longs, and get everyone out on the dance floor to learn a few folk dances. Young and old alike will love the boisterous music and friendly style of this entertaining group.
In addition to folk music and dance, the Bavarian Fun Makers also demonstrate amazing vocal talents through the traditional art of yodeling. For centuries, shepherds in the central Alps have used this lovely, echoing song to communicate with their herds and with each other. Your family will be enchanted by the ringing tones of the Bavarian Fun Makers yodelers. Show times are Monday through Thursday at 1 p.m., and Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays at 2, 4, and 6 p.m.
More Autumn Fun at Ober Gatlinburg
With a belly full of rich German foods, and your toes still tapping in time to the music, head outdoors and enjoy the rest of what Ober Gatlinburg has to offer visitors. The resort’s newest attraction, a 4,600 square-foot labyrinth known as the Amaze’n Maze, is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Match wits against your family and friends as you race through the twists and turns to find the finish, or take a more leisurely stroll and enjoy the fun. Either way, you’ll all delight in the challenge.
Two hundred years ago, a crowd gathered in Munich to celebrate the wedding of Crown Prince Ludwig I and Princess Therese of Bavaria. At Ober Gatlinburg the tradition is carried on with the 2nd annual Oktoberfest, a music- and dance-filled festival that is sure to delight the entire family. With stunning mountain scenery, friendly atmosphere, and one-of-a-kind attractions, you won’t find a better place for a memorable fall getaway.
Scott Tidwell invites you to book cabins in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee through Arrowhead Cabin Rentals. Visit [http://www.arrowheadpigeonforge.com ](http://www.arrowheadpigeonforge.com ) for pricing and availability. © 2011, All Rights ReservedArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking