Renew Your Relationship with God at Christ in the Smokies
- Author Jim Watson
- Published December 17, 2011
- Word count 560
In a modern, hectic life, it’s easy to get distracted and overwhelmed, and to cast aside your spiritual needs in favor of work and other obligations. So often life’s responsibilities fill the daily to-do list, leaving no room to relax, refresh, and rejuvenate. It’s time to head for the peace and tranquility of the Great Smoky Mountains. You’ll not only discover joy in the natural beauty of the area, but you’ll enjoy a stunning depiction of the life of Jesus Christ, told through a series of life-sized scenes at Christ in the Smokies.
The Life of Christ Unfolds in Rich Detail
As you enter Christ in the Smokies Museum and Gardens, you’ll notice the sense of calm that surrounds you. Before heading into the main hall, you’ll spend a few moments reliving your favorite Old Testament stories in a short video presentation. Whether you’re a life-long student of the Bible or have only recently become interested in its teachings, the dramatic retelling of Christianity’s beginnings will inspire and enlighten you.
Inside the main exhibit, young children will be delighted with the lifelike scenes. Each display depicts a pivotal moment in Christ’s life, from His birth through His ascent into heaven. Stunning sculptures come to life through thoughtful narration. Not only will you learn the story of Christ, but you’ll also hear appropriate Bible passages to help you better understand His teachings.
The adults in your group will be truly moved to witness the events that took place more than 2,000 years ago. Scenes such as the Last Supper are laid out before you in vibrant colors and intricate detail, making you feel as if you are sitting at the right hand of Christ as He spends His last hours with His disciples. As you depart the main hall, plan to spend a few moments in the prayer garden reflecting on the life of Christ and what His sacrifice means to you.
Before you leave, be sure to wander through the gift shop, where you’ll find a gorgeous array of inspirational merchandise, including jewelry, books, and artwork. You can even purchase a replica of the famous Face of Christ in the Smokies marble statue that dominates the prayer garden.
See God in Every Leaf and Wildflower
The stunning natural beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains is the perfect backdrop for a spiritual retreat to Christ in the Smokies. After you’ve spent the afternoon reliving the story of Christianity, take some time to wander along quiet mountain trails, meditate next to a burbling stream, and marvel at the flash of a whitetail deer glimpsed between the trees. You’ll feel the glory of God in the bend of a leaf, the curl of a flower petal, and the brilliant sparkle of a trout leaping for its lunch.
With so many vacation destinations offering non-stop action and constant mental stimulation, it’s nice for the family to spend quiet time simply appreciating the beauty and wonder that God provides. Christ in the Smokies will help bring you and your children closer to Christ and His teachings, while the tranquil setting serves to strengthen your spirit and replenish your faith. You’ll return home with a renewed sense of peace and enlightenment, ready to face life’s challenges with character and determination.
Jim Watson is Owner of Timbercreek Cabins offering lodging near Pigeon Forge. Cabin rentals are now available. Visit [http://www.timbercreekcabins.com](http://www.timbercreekcabins.com) today for a complete listing of cabin rentals. © 2011, All Rights ReservedArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking