Golfing in Whistler
- Author Bryan Reimer
- Published December 19, 2011
- Word count 698
Whistler, British Columbia is generally regarded as a winter vacation destination by ski and snowboard enthusiasts in the western part of both Canada and the United States. With over two million visitors annually (*according to Wikipedia), Whistler is undeniably one of the premiere locations for skiing in Western Canada. But of those millions of yearly visitors, many are actually making the trip for a summer vacation in Whistler as it is just as much of a summer destination, but for a different type of outdoor activity - golfing!
Whistler boasts five different scenic golf courses, all set within the Whistler and Pemberton Valleys. Each is unique in location, view and features but all offer one thing in common - a world class golfing experience. We should mention, although some courses do have a longer season, booking your vacation May through October should ensure the course is snow free.
Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Club
Located at the base of Blackcomb, the Chateau Whistler Golf Club features a par 72 course that traverses 6,635 yards, all of which is surrounded by spectacular mountain views. The resort is in operation from May to October, and has been in existence since 1993. One of the unique features of this golf course is the addition of the ProShot Satellite Yardage System. Installed on every cart, the system (known as a "satellite caddy") aids golfers in navigation and keeps track of yardage (and eliminates the need to track distance markings), distance to and from hazards and additional information that increases the pace of play noticeably.
The facility also features a pro shop and restaurant that can accommodate large functions or casual dining easily. Chateau Whistler Golf Club has also been recognized by Golf Digest Magazine as "Canada's Best new Golf Course", as well as being honored with the Gold Medal Award by Golf Magazine.
Big Sky Golf and Country Club
Designed by Robert Cupp, Big Sky is an 18 hole course located next to Mount Currie that features bent grass on all courses and fairways for an excellent golfing experience. The club also boasts an impressive Academy for the first time novice golfer as well those seeking a bit of fine tuning for their game. Between May and September there are three day schools and an opportunity to learn in a game-like environment.
The standard features such as a pro-shop, restaurant and clubhouse are all on site as well as the Kaddyshack, an on-site child care facility for children aged 3 to 12 years old.
Whistler Golf Club
Recently upgraded and renovated, the Whistler Valley Club is located in the center of Whistler Village and is widely regarded as challenging by experienced golfers but also caters to golfers of a less experienced level of play. The club's pro-shop offers custom club building as well as club repair and the on-site professional teachers are available for private lessons as well as on-course lessons so you can learn while you play. Clinics for corporate groups can also be arranged.
Nicklaus North Golf Course
A mere five minutes from Whistler Village, Nicklaus North is located along Green Lake and was designed with an emphasis on environmental awareness and preservation of the surrounding area's natural habitat. It is the only other course in the entire country to have been designed by golfing legend Jack Nicklaus and was voted facility of the year by the BCPGA (*Professional Golf Association British Columbia) in 1997. The course contains a wonderful practice facility as well as a green grass driving range and is situated on primarily level ground, which makes the course easy to traverse. The 15,000 square foot clubhouse is a great place to relax at the end of the day, you can reflect on your game while having a bite as the clubhouse overlooks Green Lake.
Furry Creek Golf Course
Furry Creek Golf Course is a little over an hour's drive south of Whistler, on Hwy 99. This course offers some of the most panoramic views available in all of British Columbia, with land, sea, sky and wildlife at every vista. Designed by Robert Muir Graves, the course is a championship level, 72 par 18 hole paradise. Accommodating for both professionals and beginners, there is something for everyone at Furry Creek.
For your next vacation, book a whistler accommodations package at Whistler Retreats.com. The perfect ski vacation and getaway is waiting for you. Visit online today.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking